Industry Program Manager
Who we are:
The University of Colorado Boulder's Research and Innovation Office (RIO) is the central point for support and advocacy for CU Boulder's world-class scholarship, creative work, and research. RIO seeks a qualified candidate for a Project Manager to serve the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation (AVC), Industry Collaboration and AeroSpace Ventures team. This position will report to the AVC.
Increasing and improving CU Boulder's engagement with industry is a top priority for the Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation, and for broader campus leadership. This position will be part of a dynamic team that is focused on building relationships and fostering collaboration internally across campus and externally across the country through outreach and engagement with industry partners and driving defined objectives through the administrative process to implementation.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Critical to success in this position will be the incumbent's ability to establish strong relationships and credibility with CU Boulder faculty and leadership through an in-depth understanding of the faculty's and the University's research and interests. In turn, this Program Manager will develop beneficial connections with corresponding industry leaders with an eye to significant research funding for CU Boulder. Immediate as well as long-term potential will be considered in setting priorities, the ultimate goal being the establishment of connections with potential industry partners leading to solid and growing relationships with CU Boulder's entire research community.
In the course of his or her duties, the Program Manager will develop engagement plans and collaborative relationships with industry and other campus departments including Tech Transfer, Career Services, Advancement, and others, and may also attend conferences, making presentations both within CU Boulder and the larger research/industry community.
What we can offer:
The annual salary range for this position is competitive and market-based and will depend upon relevant background and experience. In addition, the University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement (with a 2-for-1 employer match), generous paid time off, tuition benefit and RTD ECO Bus Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be strategic. Be collaborative. Be visionary. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- MS or equivalent in a technical, scientific, or business field.
- At least 10 years general professional experience with at least 3 years in engineering/ scientific project management or business development in a technical field.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
What you will need:
- Polished written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and converse about a broad range of technical topics.
- Positive, excellent customer-service skills.
- A highly diplomatic, inquisitive nature.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment combined with a commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Able to proactively develop positive and collaborative relationships across campus and across industry.
- A successful track record of leading and developing connections with faculty and with industry leadership and the capacity to turn connections into partnerships and projects.
What we'd like you to have:
- Technical expertise in at least one - preferably more -- of the main areas of focus for CU research (aerospace engineering, engineering, computational sciences, biosciences, and renewal/sustainable resources). Working technical knowledge of at least one (or multiple) is highly desired.
- Keen understanding of principles of outreach, marketing and business development.
- In-depth experience in both industry and higher education, hopefully at a major research institution.
- Proven account management and project management skills.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by August 21, 2017
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials AS ONE DOCUMENT/PDF to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please name your document as follows: First-Last-Resume-CL-Position Number.
During upload, please indicate the type of document to ensure accurate submission.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10602 - Industry & Special Opportunity
Posting Date: Jul 31, 2017
Closing Date: Aug 21, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00003047