JOB NO.: 91549-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91549-AS
Working Title: Information Specialist
Official Title: IS SPECIALIST(S45DN) or ASSOC IS SPECIALIST(S45FN)
Hiring Department: A051000-ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT/ADMISSIONS
Anticipated Begin Date: SEPTEMBER 05, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $42,167 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
A Bachelor's degree is not required for this position. Please refer to the relevant work experience section for more information on position requirements.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
1. Knowledge and hands-on experience with technical systems and/or programming languages is required (examples: enterprise student information systems, customer relationship management systems, content management/document imaging systems, html, SQL/SQR, Java, Java Script, visual basic, People Code, etc.).
2. Understanding of databases and data structures is required.
3. Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills is required.
4. Ability to be engaged in ongoing learning and adapt to a variety of technical systems is required.
5. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under deadline pressures is required.
6. Strong interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users is required.
7. Thorough attention to details is required.
8. Prior technical systems experience in admissions or higher education is preferred.
9. Experience with the process of developing, testing, prototyping, and implementing software is preferred.
10. Experience with business process review and improvement is preferred.
11. Knowledge of the PeopleSoft tool set, including PeopleTools, PeopleCode, Application Engine, Work Centers, etc. is preferred.
12. Participation in information system upgrades and new implementations is preferred.
13. Experience with student information and/or recruitment systems is preferred.
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director of Admissions and Recruitment, the Information Specialist focuses on supporting and managing technical system processes that engage a wide variety of functions in the Office of Admissions and Recruitment. The Information Specialist will unite technical knowledge and ability with admissions and recruitment business process to fully leverage existing enterprise systems. The Information Specialist will perform administrative processing, business analysis, development, and maintenance within admissions and recruitment information systems. The individual will provide solutions to business process needs by developing a full knowledge of existing applications, developing customizations, and/or suggesting product alternatives. This position will also manage system set-up and will be responsible for performing, auditing, and troubleshooting system processes.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison invites applications and nominations for the position of Information Specialist in the Office of Admissions and Recruitment. UW-Madison is a major research university, nationally and internationally renowned. The Office of Admissions and Recruitment recruits nationally, handles hundreds of inquiries each day, and receives nearly 40,000 undergraduate applications annually. In addition, we evaluate 184,000 transfer credits each year for new and continuing students.
The incumbent will join a dynamic team that supports all Office of Admissions and Recruitment technical tools. Technologists in the Office of Admissions and Recruitment leverage internal expertise and collaborate with the campus Division of Information Technology, to implement, maintain, and develop Admissions and Recruitment software and systems. The Information Specialist will engage a wide variety of processes within the office and develop a specific assigned internal expertise. Though some system development within existing frameworks is expected, most daily activities will focus on technical operations and leveraging existing systems and tools.
The mission of the Division of Enrollment Management (Offices of Admissions and Recruitment, Student Financial Aid, Registrar, and Integrated Student Information Systems) is to provide access to higher education and collaborate with campus partners to ensure student success. We are committed to the highest standard of service for our students, colleagues, visitors, and other customers. Staff will serve as role models by practicing exemplary, respectful and inclusive behaviors in all of our interactions.
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position, please click Apply Now and submit electronically a single PDF file that contains the following:
1) Letter of interest which highlights relevant work experience;
3) Contact information for three references.
Online applications must be received by the application deadline for ensured consideration. Failure to submit complete application materials may result in ineligibility for this position. A criminal background check will be conducted on all finalists. Eligibility to legally work in the United States without sponsorship is required by the anticipated start date of the position. Review of candidate applications will begin immediately. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the needs of the office are met.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 31 Jul 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 16 Aug 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time