Administrative Support Associate
Position Number 002678
Position Classification Title Administrative Support Assc
Functional Title Administrative Support Associate
Position Type Staff
The School of Education is a vibrant and inclusive learning community that embodies access, equity, diversity, cultural relevance, and collaboration in teaching, research, service, and community engagement. Our program offers real-world knowledge to prepare students to be successful professionals.The Department of Teacher Education and Higher Education offer programs that focus on the development of teaching, leadership and inquiry skills in schools and teacher development. The department offers undergraduate majors in elementary and middle grades education, licensure programs in several secondary teaching areas, master's degrees and certification programs in Literacy Education and other areas including Higher Education, and a Ph.D. in Teacher Education and Development and Higher Education
The primary purpose of the Administrative Support Associate is to provide administrative support to the department chair and departmental support to faculty as well as work with the Dean's Office and other departments across campus on budget related issues and course schedules.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain departmental financial records and reports in efficient filing system and work with the School of Education Budget Officer and Business Service Coordinator to manage the TEHE budget
- Initiate and complete departmental personnel action forms (PD-7, EPAF, etc.)
- Serve as the PCard coordinator for the department chair
- Receive visitors and callers to the department in a professional and timely manner
- Apply knowledge of program, policies and procedures to interpret and communicate information to faculty and students
- Facilitate work flow throughout the department and work with other departments as needed to share information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance - NC State Health Plan (NC Smart Choice)
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSAs and more (NC Flex)
- Retirement (Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement System and Optional Retirement Program)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation, Sick, Community Service, FMLA Leave
- Longevity Pay
- Eligible to become a member of the State Employees Credit Union
- Employee Award Programs
- Employee Wellness Resources
- and more
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a world-class, research intensive, regional University with a diverse portfolio of expertise and a particular focus on fostering healthy lives, vibrant communities and global connections. UNCG is a leading institution within the 17-campus University of North Carolina System. Recognized for its programs in the Music, Theater and Dance; Nursing; Business; Education; Life and Physical Sciences; and Health and Human Sciences, UNCG continues to grow its enrollment and enjoys the most diverse student populations of all the UNC system universities. With more than 19,000 students, UNCG has a significant and positive impact in North Carolina and the Greensboro/Triad area in particular. UNCG is nationally recognized for its distance learning initiative and serves many rural areas of North Carolina with its highly rated online educational programs. Established in 1892, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro was founded as the first public university in North Carolina for women. In 1963 the school became co-educational, but the legacy of providing both opportunity and excellence continues today.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY; OR DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK.
- Experience within a university system, preferably a State system
- Thorough knowledge of Banner, E-marketplace, PCard reconciliation, and Microsoft Access
- Considerable knowledge of budgeting, accounting, personnel practices
- Strong knowledge and experience with computer application, software and information systems, especially Banner Finance
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and communicate well with others in a team environment
- Ability to solve problems, develop contingency plans and respond to changing circumstances
- Strong ability to establish and maintain professional and effective working relationships with an extensive group of university employees, university officials, business contacts and the general public
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Recruitment Range $33,428 - $36,000
Org #-Department Teacher Education-Higher Education - 12006
Work Hours of Position 8 A.M - 5 P.M, Monday - Friday
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Competency Level Advanced
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
Integrates varying software or learns new computer applications to meet unique work needs. May serve as a resource to others on a variety of subjects including office equipment, software applications, and information processing procedures.
Ability to facilitate the flow of work, facilitate or direct the office support activities and coordinate work with staff; ability to maintain internal and external contacts for work coordination
Ability to demonstrate an understanding and awareness of program services, policies and procedures; ability to demonstrate and apply this knowledge in performance of office support tasks; ability to explain and interpret program information to clients/customers and staff
Ability to apply knowledge of data collection and storage to compile, assimilate, and organize printed and electronic information
Open Date 08/01/2017
Close Date 08/16/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Writing Sample(s)
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you graduated from high school or received a GED?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
- Which of the following options best describes your education history?
- No Response
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Associate's Degree
- 3 years of college coursework
- 2 years of college coursework
- 1 year of college coursework
- less than 1 year of college coursework
- High School Diploma or GED
- Rate yourself on your experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint.)
- Do you have experience with Banner Finance and/or Banner Student?
- Do you have experience using BannerHR?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu