Continuing Education Program Manager
Continuing Education Program Manager
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09121
Location: No Response
Address: No Response
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Management; Level K; Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $66,021 to $95,729 (see "Additional Posting Information" section for details)
Job Close Date: For best consideration, apply by August 17, 2017
Continuing Education is seeking a dynamic manager who will contribute to a collaborative group. Under the direction of the Division Dean for Continuing Education, the program manager manages and administers aspects of Continuing Education programs that include collaborating with a team of management professionals to oversee overall design, development, and implementation for education programs offered throughout the college district. This position oversees 5-7 academic professionals that schedule non-credit, open enrollment courses with total enrollment of approximately 28,000 per year. This position also has managerial responsibilities for hundreds of part-time continuing education instructors.
Continuing education includes the following programs: Community Education, Institute for Health Professionals, Professional Development and Training, Customized Training, Life by Design NW, and the Small Business Development Center. This position is key in providing daily management, setting goals and expectations for programs and employees, and providing leadership through data-driven and collaborative decision-making.
Continuing Education is restructuring to streamline operations and position for program growth. We are currently recruiting for two key management positions, the Operations Manager and the Program Manager, both level K. These managers will work together closely during the transition and beyond as they develop and manage sustainable strategies for the long-term success of the organization.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
14.67 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Community Education Program which serves the non-credit educational needs of the PCC service district.
- Coordinating class/event logistics (including negotiating and securing space at off-site locations, managing the registration process, canceling classes/events and contacting participants).
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that support all of the following qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
Bachelor's degree in Education, a Career and Technical Education, Adult Education, Social Science, Education Administration, Educational Leadership, Counseling, Rehabilitation, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field (relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis).
Three years progressively responsible experience related to area of assignment, including two years of supervisory experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Supervisory principles;
- Grant management principles and practices;
- Advanced principles and practices in assigned programmatic area;
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes;
- Public relations principles;
- Budget administration principles;
- Marketing principles;
- Grant and/or contract administration principles;
- Analytical methods and techniques;
- Area resources;
- Needs assessment methods;
- Fiscal accounting principles;
- Strategic planning principles;
- Program/project management principles and techniques.
Demonstrated Skill in:
- Supervising subordinate staff;
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and making recommendations in support of goals;
- Preparing and administering budgets;
- Managing, marketing, and promoting programs;
- Planning and implementing program components;
- Compiling and analyzing data;
- Conducting needs analysis;
- Preparing, managing, and administering grants and/or contracts;
- Speaking in public;
- Conducting outreach activities;
- Preparing collateral and marketing materials;
- Developing strategic plans;
- Interpreting complex documents;
- Analyzing the applicability and/or value of the implementation of emerging trends and/or services;
- Assessing the consequences and outcomes of program initiatives;
- Ensuring compliance with applicable internal and external program requirements;
- Monitoring legal and regulatory changes;
- Maintaining confidentiality;
- Analyzing processes and making recommendations for improvement;
- Researching, analyzing, and applying relevant information to the development of departmental processes and programs;
- Coordinating activities with other internal departments and/or external agencies;
- Preparing a variety of reports related to operational activities, including statistical analysis;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting;
- Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience applying the principles of lifelong learning and continuing and community education
- Demonstrated experience performing program analysis and making data-informed decisions
- Demonstrated experience managing revenue and expenditure budgets
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing goals and objectives for a large, complex non-credit academic program
- Demonstrated experience conducting performance management: hiring, training, development, discipline, employment termination
- Demonstrated experience negotiating contracts
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution skills.
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information:
- Normally the starting salary for new employees will be at the entry salary for that level, unless approved for advanced salary placement.
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the Required Questions from the Committee - scroll down to see "Required Questions" below - (Attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.