Senior Instructional Specialist/ Lead Coordinator - Math Lab
Senior Instructional Specialist/ Lead Coordinator – Math Lab
College of the Sequoias
Description of Position
Under the direction of the Director, Learning Resource Center, the Senior Instructional Specialist/Lead Coordinator for the Math Lab will assist in overseeing the daily operations of the Math Lab, supervise, train, and assess tutors; tutor incoming students according to Tutorial Center/Math Lab policy, pedagogy and best practices and provide marketing and outreach for the Math Lab. The individual hired for this position will be responsible for coordinating the Math Labs at each of the District's campuses.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to:
• Bachelor's degree in math or a related field and
• Two years of experience working in a tutorial or
• Assist in the planning, coordination and direction of the day-to-day activities of the Math Labs throughout the District; participate in measuring and assessing Math Lab services.
• Provide work direction and supervision to student tutors; train tutors on Tutorial Center/Math Lab policies, pedagogy and practices; monitor their attendance.
• Provide support for Tutorial Centers in Tulare and Hanford.
• Tutor incoming students; provide appropriate and effective feedback to students about their work.
• Establish data collection and analysis systems to ensure accurate data collection; compile, prepare and tabulate statistics for a variety of reports related to Math Lab services and activities.
• Assist in guiding faculty, staff, and tutors in best practices for Math Lab services.
• Work with faculty and programs across the disciplines and campuses to better serve students math needs.
• Develop, create and produce internal communication such as newsletters, pamphlets and brochures for distributions to campus community.
• Plan and coordinate marketing and outreach services for the Math Lab throughout the District.
• Plan, monitor and maintain budget; order; perform clerical duties, including maintaining inventory and supply records, and collecting timesheets from student tutors for Payroll processing.
• Attend staff meetings and participate in other districts committees as requested.
• Attend professional development opportunities as available.
• Utilize the District's integrated software in performing the required duties of the position.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Instructional laboratory environment.
• Constant interruptions.
• Ability to move from site to site.
• Ability to communicate with students/employees/public.
• Ability to read documents.
• Ability to sit and stand for extended period of time.
• Ability to reach in all directions.
• Ability to operate a computer and office equipment.
Conditions of Employment
• Salary is at Range 41 ($24.18 hourly / $4,191 monthly). Initial placement on step AA.
• Salary increase after 6 months of satisfactory service; increases annually thereafter.
• Minimum 5% increase if promoted.
• 10-working months probationary period.
• Union membership upon employment.
• PERS Retirement.
• Medical/dental/vision insurance program for employee
• Employee life insurance ($100,000) is provided.
Only complete application packages will be evaluated by a qualified screening committee as soon as possible after the closing date. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Application materials will be screened to determine the extent to which they meet the Representative Duties. A selected group of candidates will be invited for oral interviews. After initial interviews, finalists may be asked to return for a second interview.
All costs incurred as a result of the application/selection process shall be borne by the candidate.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://www.cos.edu/About/HumanResources/Pages/Employment-Opportunities.aspx
Applicants must submit the following materials which must be received by Human Resource Services on or before the application deadline,
August 18, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
• Completed COS classified application form.
• Letter of Interest which addressing your interest in this
position and the representative duties.
• Unofficial copies of transcripts of all college/university work. Official transcripts required upon employment.
Human Resource Services
College of the Sequoias CCD 915 S. Mooney Blvd. Sequoia Building, Room 5 Visalia, CA 93277
Notice to all candidates for employment
"College of the Sequoias Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military service, or any other basis protected by law."
The District provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the job application and hiring process, please contact a representative from Human Resources at (559) 730-3867 to request a reasonable accommodation."