Part-time Curatorial Technician / Administrative Assistant
Under the joint supervision of the Managing Director and the Collections and Operations Coordinator, the Part-time Curatorial Technician is primarily responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the Montgomery Place mansion house, Butler building, other locations that may be named in the future and provide administrative back-up. The Curatorial Technician will complete any work assigned by the College in a manner to include, but not be limited, to the following:
- Inspect building checking for mold, leaks, pests, broken windows or any issues needing repairs each work day. Fill out and submit pest reports as needed.
- Vacuum and dust main floor each work day. • Vacuum and dust second and third floors bi-monthly.
- Wash all windows annually.
- Clean main entrance each work day.
- Clean basement and south entrances weekly, more often if needed.
- Clean north porch and furniture once weekly.
- Clean bathroom each work day.
- Empty trash each work day.
- Deep cleaning annually (typically during winter months) first floor rooms
- Assist when needed with collection moves and inventory documentations.
- Order all cleaning supplies for building and bathroom. Butler Building:
- Dusts, mops and vacuums Butler Building corridor weekly, main storage area quarterly or more if needed.
- Other Montgomery Place Buildings:
- As needed and per direction of Managing Director and Collections and Operations
Supervisor Administrative Tasks:
- Assists Managing Director one day per week in tasks such as scheduling tours and volunteers, answering inquiries regarding use of facilities, filling out Building and Grounds service requests, keeping the Montgomery Place calendar current, and providing basic administrative support. Other:
- Performs all specific duties in a diligent and professional workmanlike manner.
- Assists other trades supervisors and managers for the harmonious and expeditious completion of specific assignments.
- Reports building deficiencies and unsafe conditions to supervisors and/or through established campus systems.
- Works in a safe and professional manner.
- Maintains a good attitude and works well with all College departments
- Physical ability and willingness to perform related work assigned.
- Minimum high school graduate or equivalent, higher education preferred.
- Must have a valid NY State driver’s license and complete a college-sponsored defensive driver’s course.
- Has basic computer literacy and can perform tasks such as send email, create a word document and spreadsheets
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and the names of three references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/43030
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.