Shuttle Bus Driver
Job Title: Shuttle Bus Driver (10/12 Plan)
Job ID: 24188
Full/Part Time: Full - Time
Job Code: 6366, Range 8
Department: Parking Services
About the Position
*This position is at a 10/12 Pay Plan which means the incumbent will work 10 months and get 2 months off.*
Reporting to the Parking Services Lieutenant and receiving work lead direction from the Lead Shuttle Bus Driver, the shuttle bus driver transports students, faculty, staff and visitors between the South Campus Park & Ride lots and main campus. When shuttle service is not required, the shuttle bus driver assists with other duties, including parking facility maintenance, vehicle cleaning/maintenance and/or general office duties. The driver is also responsible for the safe operation of the shuttle buses which includes daily safety inspections, fueling/servicing and making minor repairs/adjustments as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive shuttle buses and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Keep statistical data on ridership and complete daily inspection reports.
- Fuel and clean shuttle buses. Remove debris and trash.
- Turn in lost/found items and report suspicious circumstances/safety hazards in parking facilities and on designated bus routes.
- Assist with basic maintenance duties in parking facilities and with general office duties.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24188.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.