Digital Project Manager
Digital Project Manager
Requisition Number: STFR003916
Division/College: Information Technology Services
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The Division of Information Technology Services is seeking a talented individual to fill the role of the Digital. Project Manager. As a Digital Project Manager you will oversee the entire project lifecycle to deliver comprehensive digital solutions. In addition to excelling in scope, time and budget management, the ideal Digital Project Manager also has a thorough understanding of digital development in all its forms (design, UX, content, UI development, engineering and quality assurance).
This position requires confidence, self-discipline, initiative, a sense of urgency, and the ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them. As a Digital Project Manager, you will need to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions, identify risks and come up with practical solutions. This job requires strong analytical and technical abilities and demands fast, but carefully thought-out results. Work must be done quickly and correctly, while always focusing on accomplishing the goal and demanding the highest quality work from co-workers and subordinates.
The job demands a factual, direct style of communication and significant self-discipline with attention to detail. There is a strong demand for high quality, organized and repeatable results. The responsibilities are broad in scope, encompassing a wide variety of activities requiring rapid shifts in priorities.
To ensure that essential services are provided to the Northeastern Community, the employee may be required to work outside his/her regular working hours and on some university holidays.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven project management experience of software development, digital applications, multimedia, or systems integration, demonstrating robust and deep working knowledge of the full project lifecycle.
- Experience in a digital agency a plus.
- A track record of successful and predictable delivery of on-time, to-budget, and to-specification projects
- Skilled at articulating how complex projects can be structured into phases and sprints to prioritize speed to market and iterative improvements and feature enhancements
- Knowledge /Qualification in project Methodology Agile
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and or the creative development process
- Strong planning skills applied through MS Project or similar
- Demonstrable financial management skills and experience
- Good working knowledge of project contracts and invoice schedule
- 3-5 years’ experience with formal project management methodologies, including all forms of project documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Project Management certification desired
- Demonstrated experience creating factual, concise and client-oriented verbal and written communications
- Ability to analyze, make decisions, prioritize, assess and mitigate risk
- Unrelenting focus on quality deliverables throughout project lifecycle (not just the end result)
- Demonstrated experience with managing the delivery of digital projects (both mobile and web).
- Experience communicating with several audience types, and the ability to tailor communications between clients, engineering teams, management and more.
- Comfortable working with complex mobile & web projects
- Proven decision-making capabilities, particularly in navigating competing or conflicting priorities
- Solid understanding of UX principles and web design (Information architecture, Interaction design, visual design, usability, prototyping, etc.).
- Demonstrate Familiarity with: “Knowledge and application of accessibility factors, per W3C WAI guidelines & specifications (WCAG, WAI - ARIA, etc.), Section 508 requirements and other relevant standards”
A criminal background check is required for this opening,
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.