Manager - Purchasing Card
Manager - Purchasing Card
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Utah Valley University Procurement & Contract Services is seeking to hire a full-time Purchasing Card Manager. This position is responsible for the administration, supervision, and performance of the Purchasing Card (P-Card) Program at the University. Job duties and activities include: card application review and approval, tracking accounts and transactions, customer relations, problem-solving for cardholders, and developing and maintaining P-Card program policies, procedures, manuals, and forms. The Purchasing Card Manager is also responsible for the auditing of all transactions made using University Purchasing Cards, supervising part-time auditors, providing mandatory training for new cardholders, and serving as the primary contact for all faculty and staff regarding the P-Card Program.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree plus three to five years of related experience, OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling at least seven years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computers and computer applications.
- General knowledge of accounting, auditing, and basic business principles.
- Interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to apply effective general principles to specific conditions.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize, and follow projects through to completion.
- Ability to supervise, including training, overseeing and evaluating work, and monitoring and developing a team.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $36,319 - $48,425
Advertisement Number: ST17317
Open Date: 07/28/2017
Review Start Date: 08/04/2017
Close Date: 8/13/2017
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/2073
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. As an inclusive community, we actively seek diversity among our applicants for this position. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.