Position type: Full-time Classified, 40 hours per week, overtime eligible permanent position.
Salary: $2,214 - $2,848/month; Range 29
Opens: July 27, 2017
Closes: August 18, 2017
Location: Main Campus; Olympia, WA
South Puget Sound Community College seeks a highly enthusiastic, motivated and qualified individual for the position of Custodian 2 in the Custodial Services department. This position reports directly to the Custodial Services Supervisor and is responsible for performing general custodial duties related to the cleaning of classrooms, offices, and other areas in assigned buildings and facilities; and performing a variety of tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
Hours of work: Monday –Thursday 3:00pm-12:00 midnight, Friday 1:00pm – 9:30pm
Perform assigned building, team or group cleaning responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision. (75%)
- Clean, disinfect and sanitize restrooms, shower rooms, fixtures and equipment in accordance with established procedures and standards; refill restroom dispensers.
- Clean assigned facilities (e.g. classrooms, cafeterias, day care facilities, gymnasiums, auditoriums, offices, corridors, entranceways, elevators, stairways, etc.), in accordance with established procedures and standards, to maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive environment.
- Clean white boards; dust and wipe furniture; sweep, mop or vacuum floors; empty wastebaskets, trash, and recycle containers. Remove trash and recycling from area and take to outside dumpsters or compactors.
- Strip, scrub, apply floor finish, buff, and refinish hard surface floors.
- Clean up spills on carpets, tile, and flooring.
- Perform exterior cleaning and related duties in areas within a reasonable distance from buildings using hand-operated tools or small power equipment to remove debris or to sweep sidewalks or stairs.
- Contain and clean blood and bodily fluid in accordance with procedures using proper protective equipment.
- Detail cleaning including floors, ceilings, walls and corners using extension tools and heavy cleaning equipment (such as buffing machines, scrubbers and waxers and carpet cleaning machines).
Transport, move and arrange furniture and equipment; event set-ups. (20%)
- Maintain custodial supplies and equipment (e.g. cleaning solutions, paper products, custodial tools, etc.) in custodial rooms to ensure the availability of items required to properly maintain facilities. Promptly report tool repair or replacement needs to Supervisor.
- Transport custodial supplies and equipment to and from storage and work areas.
- Arrange equipment and furnishings (e.g. furniture arrangements, tables, chairs, bleachers, etc.) as required to provide adequate arrangements for meetings, classroom activities and events.
Maintain records, follow written and verbal direction, and complete forms and records. (3%)
- Maintain inventories and simple reports.
- Follow written and/or verbal instructions regarding the use of chemicals, supplies and equipment; comply with safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain records and forms. Use Outlook and Megamations work order system to communicate and view work orders
Other duties as assigned. (2%)
- Participate in training, the department safety program and other events; provide input for process improvement, safety, etc.
- Report need for repairs and maintenance.
- Check for and secure windows; report unlocked doors and report unauthorized occupants to security.
- Member of the Inclement Weather Team; provide support to other Facilities projects as needed
- A valid Washington state driver’s license is required.
- Physical ability to perform job duties, ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Previous custodial experience including working knowledge of cleaning methods, procedures, materials and equipment preferred.
- Ability to communicate well; complete routine job forms and incident reports; and/or communicate routine information regarding daily activities. May need to add, subtract, multiply and divide in units of measure using whole numbers and common fractions.
- Ability to complete assignments without immediate supervision. Ability to perform all essential functions in a safe manner.
- Physical ability to work on a ladder.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, cleaning methods, procedures, tools, equipment.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Knowledge of proper lifting techniques.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of students, faculty, administrators and support staff in accomplishing tasks.
Your application and these questions will be used to evaluate your qualifications. You must complete these questions to be considered for the position. Please answer the following questions on a separate sheet of paper. You may type or write your answers but they must be clear and legible.
- What interests you in this position and how do you think your prior experiences and interests prepare you for it?
- How do you define customer service?
- Please describe how you will contribute to the diversity of this campus.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Completed SPSCC Employment Application
- Letter of formal application that specifically addresses your ability to perform the responsibilities and competencies described in this announcement.
- Resume of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the minimum qualifications.
- Completed responses to the three Supplemental Questions listed above.
Send application materials via one of the delivery methods below- email is preferred:
Fax: (360) 596-5706
Human Resource Office
South Puget Sound Community College
2011 Mottman Road SW
Olympia, WA 98512
Applications received by the closing date may be used to fill similar vacancies which may occur over the next six months.
Apply for Custodian 2
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly