Data Validation Specialist
The Mutual Fund Data Steward plays an integral role in one or our organization's most vital services. Envision's FundKeeper record keeping system provides key attributes for mutual funds to downstream systems utilized by our customers and core to the success of their business. This position will involve developing, supporting, performing and improving processes aimed at ensuring the data contained in our central repository is cleansed accurate, and effectively disseminated.
A successful candidate must bring a broad array of abilities to the table. They will be responsible for serval core business functions that enable the managed data strategy of the FundKeeper platform. Experience with data entry, data or quality assurance, audit or process mapping, client communication, and working with teams will be frequent and critical elements of this function.
Success will be measured in terms of the candidate's ability to:
• Effectively manage the satisfaction level of clients
• Develop, implement, process and govern data sources, data repositories, data glossaries and other efforts related to the overall integrity of clean, ubiquitous data
• Identify, analyze and resolve data discrepancies
Role and Responsibilities
Data Steward duties will include
• Monitor and manage all mutual fund attributes, NAV and corporate actions in Envision's proprietary product.
• Identify and integrated new, or additional sources of data
• Create reports and other materials for our clients, mutual fund record keepers and processing partners per the defined service level agreements.
• Create and maintain reference data and master data definitions and glossaries
• Develop process for collecting, entering and ratifying data in the master repository
• Monitor and repair the timely dissemination of data to clients
• Support the management and publication of business metadata as required
• Resolve data integrity issues with data sources, internal processes and client utilization/application of data
• Analyze and correct data errors and discrepancies
• Provide back up support to FundKeeper reconciliation personnel
• Other duties as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science or equivalent
• A minimum of 3 years of experience with managed data support, audit, quality assurance, back office operations, data entry
• Ability to work on complex tasks with minimal supervision, and to formulate business process recommendation for upper management
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
• Excelling in a fast paced, dynamic, global environment
• Balancing multiple priorities and deadlines
• Exhibiting excellent technical, analytical, and communications skills
• Solid understanding of financial services, broker/dealer record keeping or subaccounting technologies, or specific experience with Envision's PowerAgent platform are a plus.
Founded in 1994, Envision Financial Systems, Inc. is the leading provider of services and real-time shareholder accounting software solutions to the mutual fund and financial services industry. Using in-depth knowledge of the industry and listening to its customers, Envision provides its clients with unparalleled mutual fund services and real-time access to data that optimizes productivity, increases customer satisfaction and enables emerging business needs. Envision's headquarters are in Irvine, California, with offices in Owings Mills, Maryland and Bangalore, India. For more information, visit our website.
Sun, 30 Jul 2017 12:27:33 PDT