Custodian / Laborer (Reg FT)
Custodian / Laborer (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Performs general housekeeping, janitorial, grounds keeping and general maintenance duties.
Work location and additional information:
The successful applicant for this position will be required to successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment medical examination and performance evaluation.
Current CCAC SEIU Staff: Please be sure to submit a completed Request for Internal Transfer or Promotion form. Also be sure to submit an up to date completed CCAC application online.
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Monday - Friday; 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Must be able to efficiently and properly clean rooms, disposing of trash as necessary.
Education and Experience: High School diploma or GED.
Certifications/Licensures: A valid Pennsylvania driver's license is required for positions that involve driving.
Skill Requirements: Able to read and follow directions printed on cleaning products. Must be able to operate vacuums, rug shampoo machines, lawn mowers, snowplows and related cleaning and gardening equipment. Must be able to make minor repairs, perform routine preventative maintenance, clean equipment and replenish supplies.
Physical Requirements: Involves daily exposure to dirt and grease in both indoor and outdoor settings. Frequently requires physical exertion to reach, bend and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to move, lift, carry and push heavy objects.
1. Performs a variety of duties in the following areas:Housekeeping/janitorial: Sweeps, mops, vacuums, scrubs and waxes floors; machine shampoos carpeting; cleans walls, vents, screens, furniture, drinking fountains and other interior fixtures; washes windows, trash cans and glass doors; cleans restrooms and replenishes supplies.Groundskeeping: Cuts grass, plants, shrubbery, weeds gardens, removes snow and spreads salt as necessary; assists in painting outside surfaces, laying concrete and constructing fences and other fixtures.General Maintenance: Uses various hand tools to perform minor repairs such as replacing belts and brushes on vacuums; hanging bulletin boards, pencil sharpeners and other items; cleaning basins and yard drains. Assists in raising partitions; breaking up concrete, applying primer and removing paint from surfaces.
2. Sets up and moves furniture, equipment and supplies; empties waste baskets and removes trash; cleans and washes light fixtures and replaces light bulbs.
3. Drives campus vehicles to pick up and deliver supplies and materials; assists in loading and unloading vehicles and moving heavy boxes and supplies.
4. Performs work as directed by housekeeping supervisor or custodial leader.
5. Must be proficient in project work; Stripping and finishing floors, operation of all cleaning equipment, loading and operating the trucks for plowing and salting of the campus.
6. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Job Type: Full-time
Job Open Date: 07-28-2017
Job Close Date: 8/11/2017
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.