Veterinary Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (CARE)Job Description:
This is a very important position for the Veterinary Hospital and Pharmacy Department. This person will assist the Pharmacist in operating all phases of the University of Florida Veterinary Hospitals Pharmacy as well as the Small Animal Hospital Director with all aspects of OMNICELL supply inventory control. The Pharmacy supports the entire hospital.
$12.00-$15.50 per hour, commensurate with experienceMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and six months of pharmacy experience. Must be a Registered Pharmacy Technician in accordance with Chapter 465.014, Florida Statutes.Preferred Qualifications:
- Good communication skills, both verbally (telephone and person-to-person) as well as good literacy skills (ability to read and compose grammatically correct sentences) are critical to success on this position.
- Good mathematics skills--addition, subtraction, multiplication and division--are a necessity. Must be able to use calculator. Demonstrates the ability to accurately perform algebraic equations.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in data bases (Excel) and word processing programs (Word) is critical to success in this position.
- Must be able to work in close environment under direct supervision for an eight hour work day.
- Two years of related pharmacy experience preferred. Hospital pharmacy experience strongly preferred. Veterinary Pharmacy experience strongly preferred. Prior experience working with automated dispensing machines strongly preferred.
- Excellent Customer service skills
In order to be considered, you must upload the following documents
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Other Document containing answers to the following questions:
- Do you hold a current Florida Pharmacy Technician License?
- What is your license number?
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.Health Assessment Required: Yes