Vice President for Marketing and Enrollment Management
Reporting to the President, the Vice President for Marketing and Enrollment Management requires a dynamic and creative professional to develop and implement a comprehensive enrollment management program that recruits, retains, and graduates a diverse student body. This cabinet-level position works collaboratively with other members of the senior leadership team to foster a climate focused on student success, service excellence, and data-informed decisions in alignment with the University’s mission, vision, strategic plan and goals.
The Vice President is responsible for leadership and management of enrollment services, enrollment marketing, and admissions, as well as our programs for students with multiple learning disabilities (PACE), veterans support programs, and the Florida Regional Campus. This position develops, implements, and assesses a state-of-the-art enrollment program that meets the needs of students by building relationships, strategies, and systems for a transformative college experience which promotes student completion and success.
- Serve as member of president’s cabinet and function as chief advisor to the president on all issues related to enrollment and marketing with a keen focus on student success.
- Lead the development, implementation, and assessment of an annual enrollment management plan for all academic programs consistent with the University’s mission, academic and strategic plans, utilizing market research and current college student research to develop enrollment management goals. Collaborate with academic and non-academic leaders across the University to achieve enrollment and student success goals.
- Build on and improve successful marketing and recruitment strategies for first-year, online, transfer, veteran, PACE and graduate students.
- Develop new markets while sustaining and growing primary existing markets.
- Develop recruitment and admission initiatives to ensure student access and student success.
- Assure adequate and appropriate annual and long-range budget preparation. Forecast budget needs, establish priorities, allocate funds, and monitor expenditures.
- Develop and maintain statistical reports and analyze enrollment/student data to assess program activities and student outcomes.
- Supervise, evaluate, and develop a student-centered team in cutting edge practices promoting excellence in an access institution.
- Collaborate with campus leadership, including the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs, to ensure a culture that promotes student recruitment, retention and completion. Provide a personal presence that is active and engaged with all aspects of the University.
- Maintain a visible profile with campus constituencies; partner collaboratively to enhance communication on and off campus; anticipate and plan for emerging issues.
- Lead efforts to effectively employ information systems and technology in support of enrollment management programs.
- Work closely with the Vice President for Finance in the leveraging of financial aid, pricing, and related issues to optimize the use of federal, state, and institutional resources in the recruitment and retention of students.
- Maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the university’s goals and objectives; oversee recruitment, training, supervision, professional development, and evaluation of staff.
- Ensure that all admission and marketing operations are conducted in accordance with state and federal regulations and procedures.
- Lead outreach efforts to enhance current, and develop new, relationships with University partners and drive enrollment.
- Oversee enrollment for the University’s PACE program.
- Manage enrollment operations for Veterans.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- A Master’s in Higher Education Administration, Student Personnel, Marketing or related field.
- Ten years of progressively responsible and demonstrated success in higher education enrollment management and marketing with at least five years as supervisor of professional staff.
- Demonstrated experience as a collaborative, results-oriented leader who is skilled at building and maintaining effective and inclusive relationships, budget management, strategic planning, and human resource management.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to guide, lead, support and direct a diverse staff and work with a diverse student body.
- Practiced and nuanced communicator that connects with students, faculty, and staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current trends and implementation of effective practices in enrollment management with a data driven orientation.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of admissions and outreach, enrollment marketing and enrollment management.
- Successful experience developing, implementing, and evaluating recruitment, enrollment, and retention strategies for students from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with and a successful track record of leadership in support of first-generation, culturally diverse, and non-traditional students.