Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor #20180025FAC
Position Title: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor
Job Posting Number: 20180025FAC
Job Location: San Marcos
College of Science and Engineering
Department of Mathematics
Position Description: Applicants are expected to establish or continue a strong record of publication and scholarship, to pursue external funding as well as to actively engage in both individual and collaborative grant activities, to provide service and leadership to the department, college, university, and math education community, and teach and mentor students. Graduate and undergraduate teaching and mentoring assignments are dependent on the background of the individual and the needs of the department.
Required qualifications for assistant professor:
1. Doctorate specializing in mathematics education or a Ph.D. in a STEM field with a strong record in mathematics educational research.
2. Strong preparation in mathematics
3. Evidence of or potential for high quality research in mathematics education.
4. Potential for success in obtaining external funding.
5. Evidence/Potential for effective teaching anywhere within the PK-20 range.
Required qualifications for associate professor or professor:
1. Doctorate specializing in mathematics education or a Ph.D. in a STEM field with a strong record in mathematics educational research. A candidate for associate professor should have at least 6 years of experience in a tenure accruing position; a candidate for professor should either currently hold that rank or have been an associate professor for at least 5 years. Exceptional candidates with experiences outside academia will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
2. Strong preparation in mathematics.
3. Strong evidence of high quality research in mathematics education commensurate with rank.
4. Evidence of success in obtaining external funding commensurate with rank.
5. Evidence of effective teaching in the PK-20 range.
The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and department established standards.
Experience in directing doctoral dissertations.
For full consideration, applicants must submit the following via mathjobs.org: cover letter, AMS cover sheet, current curriculum vitae, graduate transcripts, statement of research agenda, teaching philosophy, and three letters of recommendation. Applicants are also required to submit a current curriculum vitae and cover letter through the Texas State University website, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/20169.
Selected candidates for interview will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree granting universities.
Proposed Start Date :Fall 2018
Open Until Filled? Yes
Review Date: 11/01/2017
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.