PWC Builders seeks to employ innovative, client-focused builders that add value, bring solutions to challenges, innovate, and push the limits of performance. We are highly selective in our hiring process and employ only those with a passion for building great buildings, a high degree of integrity, and a performance-driven mindset that overcomes all obstacles.
The Superintendent provides direct supervision of the day-to-day field operations of assigned construction/renovation projects. They will manage all personnel and trades, to ensure on-site performance, quality, safety, schedule, and compliance to code are met. The Superintendent will be the on-site point of contact and must have the ability to build relationships, and effectively communicate with all stakeholders, trade representatives and personnel.
- Manage commercial projects up to $5 million
- Coordinate and manage all on-site construction activities
- Monitor construction for strict compliance with plans and specifications
- Effectively communicate any changes in work, job conditions and subcontractor relation
- Develop, maintain and communicate project schedule
- Develop three week look ahead schedule
- Efficiently plan and coordinate work to minimize change orders
- Manage all materials and manpower to ensure all deadlines are met
- Maintain accurate daily construction log
- Responsible for timely close-out and punch list completion
- Ensure project are completed on time and within budget
- Ensure that all safety procedures and standards are followed within the guidelines of OSHA, federal, state and local laws
Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma required; two years of college preferred
- 8 - 10 years proven experience as a lead superintendent on commercial interior, renovation, retail, or government projects
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blue prints, schematics, specifications, and other written instructions
- Proven track record of client satisfaction and profitability
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders; owners, architects, building managers, personnel and trades
- Ability to create three-week look ahead schedules
- Ability to positively identify quality of completed work
- Ability to practice and comprehend safe work procedures
- Must be able to speak, read and communicate effectively in English, required
- Ability to speak and/or understand Spanish, preferred
- Must have good skills with Microsoft Projects, Excel, Word and Email
- Procore experience a plus
Other Requirements & Certifications
- Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation and insurance
- OSHA 10 required, OSHA 30 preferred.
- First Aid/CPR Certificate, preferred
- Pre-employment drug testing, DMV and background check, required
Environment and Physical Demands
- Position requires the ability to lift 50lbs, bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach overhead. The repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers and standing for extended periods of time.
- Must wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses) at all times, and other equipment as needed.
- Work at construction site which may include exposure to heat and cold, loud noises, airborne particles, fumes, risk of electrical shock, and moving mechanical parts.
To Apply: Please send resume, project list and salary requirements
Salary: Dependent of Experience
PWC Builders is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PWC Builders is a full-service General Contractor specializing in Senior Living, Commercial, Government, Hospitality, Restaurant, and Lifestyle construction projects. Operating primarily within the Washington, DC metro area, PWC offers preconstruction, general contracting and design-build services.
PWC has developed a reputation for consistently meeting aggressive budgetary and schedule objectives, while delivering with the highest degree of safety and quality. This commitment to outperforming expectations has led to a 90% repeat client rate.
Sun, 30 Jul 2017 07:27:16 PDT