Job Summary: Haverford College seeks to hire a full time, non-exempt, fully benefits eligible Locksmith. This individual will be responsible for performing, with minimal supervision, journeyman level locksmith work including but not limited to: maintaining and repairing locks, duplication of keys, maintaining of master key system, and installation of all lock types and door equipment.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Install new locks, and door hardware as needed. This would include new construction, remodel projects, breakage, etc.
- Schedules service orders and projects to ensure the timely completion of work requests in support of the mission of the College and its programs
- repair locks. Disassemble locks, and replaces worn tumblers, springs and other parts associated with locks, and hardware
- Repair and adjust door mounted closers, and panic hardware
- Install door closer, knobs, screen doors repair
- Rekey locks for security purposes, open file cabinets
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of all keys and locks
- Must be able to operate key cutter, portable drills, welder, and miscellaneous hand tools necessary in the locksmith trade
- Assist with snow removal
- Must be able to handle to heavy demands in meeting customer request in a timely manner
- Must be able to work overtime during the work week, as well as weekends
- Vacation approval may be limited during peak activity periods
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license, and be able to pass a Motor Vehicle Record check
- Must possess, or be able to obtain and maintain, Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearances.
Education, Training, & Experience:
Five to ten years’ experience as a journeyman level locksmith. Certified Locksmith preferred.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position:
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds): Up to three hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): Up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Up to three hours
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Up to three hours
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction: Up to three hours
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): Up to three hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): Up to three hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): Three to six hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): Three to six hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): Three to six hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): Up to three hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): Three to six hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): Three to six hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Up to three hours
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): Up to three hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Up to three hours
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): Up to three hours
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit their application, to include a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information for three references to https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Locksmith_R31-1. For full consideration, please apply by Monday, August 14, 2017.
Haverford College has a longstanding commitment to diversity rooted in values of inclusion and social justice, a commitment reflected in the academic program, lived experience, and composition of the College community. Haverford welcomes applications from candidates who share these values and who will contribute to the College’s educational mission.
Haverford College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.