Office Assisant- Business Studies
Responsible for providing a full range of secretarial level duties and responsibilities and for providing support to the entire Division of Business Studies.
Examples of Duties:
- Serves as the office assistant for the division, providing excellent customer service.
- Performs varied secretarial duties including work requiring the use of independent judgment and discretion.
- Assists Team Coordinator in providing secretarial support to the division's full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Assists in the on-boarding process for new adjuncts, ensuring the collection and processing of required paperwork for Human Resources and for Board approval.
- Composes and types correspondences, reports, and memoranda. Utilizes computers, data bases, the Internet, and email to handle the daily business of the division.
- Prepares agendas, memoranda, and other materials for duplication and distribution. Creates and distributes mailings via US mail and email.
- Assists Team Coordinator in preparing and posting the faculty office hour chart each semester.
- Screens telephone calls, answers questions, and makes outgoing calls.
- Opens, reviews, and makes proper disposition of mail; responds to general inquiries and requests for information.
- Assists with class cancellation and notification of students.
- Transcribes and prepares department minutes when assigned by the Division's Dean.
- Assists students by providing information and directions. Facilitates contact with faculty members.
- Responsible for complete file maintenance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma (Associate's Degree preferable) plus advanced training in office procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism
- Excellent PC skills, including mastery of all Microsoft Applications, e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.