Systems Engineer - We're growing!!!!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Design and analyze mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, although have and understanding of Systems, (Mechanical-Controls-Electrical).
• Conduct feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs
• Generate manufacturing assembly procedures and instructional manuals.
• Document designs with drawings, specifications and materials lists.
• Ensure work is performed in accordance with approved practices of the company.
• Manage projects with minimal guidance.
• May direct the work of others within the department.
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• B.S degree or equivalent work experience or a combination of education and experience required.
• Vocational or technical training preferred.
• 7+ years' engineering or related work experience required.
• AutoCAD, Inventor, ProE, Solidworks, Unigrafix or other design package experience required.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Advanced knowledge of design process, ability to apply comprehensive knowledge of engineering concepts, theories, practices and procedures.
• Ability to interact with internal and external customers
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in all duties
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods and occasionally walk, bend, and lift up to 25 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear as well as to stand, walk, climb, crawl, bend and sit ,as well as occasional lifting over 25 lbs. Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel such as with the use of normal office tools, equipment and PC's. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SP Industries, Inc. is a privately held manufacturer of laboratory and process equipment serving the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, scientific, educational, industrial, and OEM markets. It is comprised of leading well known brands representing over 250 combined years of experience, quality and innovation. SP Industries is a global supplier committed to providing the best products and services available to its customers. We offer a world-wide sales and service network with full product support including training and technical assistance.
SP will provide assistance to read an application to the visually impaired if necessary.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy is to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Sat, 29 Jul 2017 04:34:33 PDT