Commercial Construction Superintendent
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY - NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE OFFERED
Provide confident on-site field leadership for construction projects making sure that projects meet clearly established requirements. Initiate and coordinate the work of subcontractors on the job site. Continuously inspect the work produced, implement correction when needed and communicate variances to the project team. Lead and maintain communication with all project subcontractors. Maintain control of the project schedule and recommend adjustments to meet changed conditions. Coordinate compliance inspections and meet with building inspectors. Create and maintain accurate project records including; daily reports, short term look ahead schedules, meeting minutes and record drawings. Serve as the "front line" liaison with tenant, owner and subcontractors.
- Self Starter that drives a project schedule.
- Proactive Communicator that keeps project managers, subcontractors and clients informed.
- Job Site Expert that understands the work needed by all subcontractors in order to achieve the project goals.
- Quality Craftsman that takes pride in doing a job well and minimizing the rework process.
- Champion of Safety who is vigilant for the safety of others on the project.
- 4-5 years of commercial construction experience is desired. Healthcare Construction and Shell Construction Experience or deep specific trade experience are a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with the Project Manager on a regular basis to address concerns, discuss project progress and make adjustments to the project work flow.
- Assist the Project Manager in developing the baseline schedule and coordinating job activities to support the schedule.
- Manage schedule efficiently and effectively to deliver projects ahead of schedule
- Work with the Project Manager to identify project risks and develop plans to mitigate the identified project risks.
- Directly supervise and coordinate all subcontractors and the subcontractor work product.
- Ensure all subcontractors complete work in a timely and safe manner in accordance with project requirements.
- Attend job site meetings with owners and/or tenants and be prepared to confidently address questions concerning the project schedule, field conditions, and safety plans.
- Conduct weekly job site safety meetings and lead the job site safety initiative.
- Conduct weekly subcontractor progress meetings to ensure every trade on the project understands their role and your expectations of their future activities.
- Work with Project Coordinator and Project Manager to order all materials required to complete project.
- Confirm subcontractors have completed their work in accordance with the project requirements.
- Maintain flexibility to work night and weekend hours when required by project
- Maintain a clean and organized job site.
- Champion quality work each and every day on the job site.
- Understand and implement the project processes for quality workmanship and perform quality assurance walk throughs regularly and routinely.
- Display conduct and appearance that reflects positively on the company and encourages others to do the same.
- General knowledge of construction principals and procedures.
- Ability to advise and direct at a field level.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to coordinate our work with project stakeholders in a professional and courteous manner.
- Construction experience consistent with the requirements of this job.
- Good written and speaking skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Ability to interact with a variety of individuals with diverse educational, cultural and geographic backgrounds.
- Valid driver's license
- All applicants will be subject to a criminal background screening as a condition of an employment offer.
Tyler 2 has a rich history as one of the foremost construction companies in the Charlotte area. We have grown in annual sales and reputation by building quality construction and just as importantly strong relationships in the business community. We seek out people that encompass honesty, excellence, respect, personal responsibility and who want to be a team player in our fast paced environment.
Sat, 29 Jul 2017 08:22:50 PDT