Contract Sr Machining Engineer- Long term
Move to the Beach!
1 year contract $40-48 per hour + OT.
$500m OEM of industrial equipment in the Mobile, Al region. Ranked as top places in the south to raise kids and also retire!
This position will be responsible for developing and troubleshooting new programs/processes, performing program edits, performing first part runs, conducting program validation, validating new equipment installation, providing input for fixture designs, and operator training for both 5 axis CNC machines and robotic arms. This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
1.*Develop & troubleshoot new CNC programs/processes.
2.*Analyze machining cycle times to determine optimum tool paths and cutting strategies.
3.*Refine programs and processes to minimize risks and ensure success for entry level operators.
4.*Analyze in-machine probing data for process analysis and improvement.
5.*Participate in the specification, installation and acceptance of new machines.
6.*Conduct first part runs to validate programs for safety and customer conformance.
7.*Conduct operator training together with the Senior Technical Trainer.
8. *Assist with Work Instruction development and training.
9. Participate in activities to reduce operator input and to fully automate part processing.
10. Actively participate in continuous improvement activities.
11. Required to comply with all OSHA regulations related to these operations including but not limited to safety shoes, hearing and eye protection.
12. Overtime may be required, based on business needs. (Will be paid at 1.5x OT)
1. BS/ AS Technical degree in engineering strongly preferred, but not required.
2. Minimum 5 years' progressive experience with CNC operation/set up (modifying tool offsets, programs, modes, macros and the ability to edit programs).
3. Minimum 3 years' programming experience using CAM and verification software.
4. Must be proficient with G/M Code including Siemens/Fanuc Cycles & Macros.
5. Experience with machining operations and interacting daily with operators.
6. Experience programming and troubleshooting equipment.
7. Experience reading and interpreting paper and electronic drawings required. ISO GD&T and first angle projection experience beneficial.
8. Ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal instructions
9. Knowledge of and compliance with AS9100C or ISO9001 standards beneficial.
10. Ability to meet deadlines and to concentrate and pay attention to detail.
11.Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with coworkers.
12. Work requires basic understanding of organization and department policies and practices in order to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
13. Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
ACS Global Search is a Global Search firm that focuses on our clients. We work with select clients to ensure a top level service. Our clients rely on us for all their searches from Junior Engineering to Executives.
Fri, 21 Jul 2017 09:08:57 PDT