Line Haul Transportation Planner
Linehaul Transportation Planner
Job Description Summary:
Within a team environment, create line haul solutions for large home-goods orders utilizing an established service agent network and various over-the-road options to ensure on-time pickups and deliveries. Daily communication with product vendors, service agents, drivers and customer service representatives to ensure proper timing, process effectiveness, load utilization and cost.
• Review, coordinate, and plan vendor order pickups considering multiple factors
• Provide proper order/load documentation as part of the dispatching process
• Proactively monitor, track, and resolve order/load progress within the linehaul network on a daily basis to ensure on-time performance
• Maintain proper order and load pickup utilization and cost balance
• Resolve real-time order, vendor, carrier issues as they present themselves
• Update and maintain order and load data within designated software platforms
• Review and recommend vendor relation improvement enhancements where and if necessary
• Perform other duties, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned
• 2-5 years of experience in transportation/logistics or comparable field
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
• Collaborate with team members to actively contribute ideas, process enhancements, and support
• Ability to apply analytical and creative solutions to solve daily challenges in a transportation environment
• Proficient use in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Outlook, Word
• Prior transportation software experience preferred: ERP, OMS, TMS, WMS
Progistics Distribution was founded on the principle that our 30 plus years experience in the same day business could be applied to the Last Mile distribution and supply chain industry. The Last Mile offers exciting opportunities to bring the latest technology and delivery efficiency. Our IT staff works closely with Silicon Valley talent to continually develop leading edge technology for the Last Mile industry.
Progistics proprietary developed TAGNET and eDemand technology offers the distribution industry significant productivity gains and measurable customer service improvements. Our operations cover all western states, Texas, Illinois, MA and Canada.
Sun, 16 Jul 2017 10:12:20 PDT