Assistant Project Manager
Walsh Mechanical Contractors is a company that prides its reputation on high quality, professionalism and innovation. The Assistant Project Manager (APM) will provide a key role in the organization by supporting needs of the Project Management Team. Extreme attention to detail, clear communication, organization, and prioritization skills will be needed to excel in this role. We are looking for candidates that will represent our Company with the same degree of excellence that we strive to provide our customers and clients every day.
• Collect and distribute job information from Estimating Department to turnover job to project management team.
• Work with intercompany departments to set up jobs in project management software and verify compliance of project documents and requirements.
• Prioritize needs across multiple jobs and requests from various people.
• Pull permits for various job locations, including welding permits, sheet metal and HVAC permits.
• Prepare duct and pipe submittals.
• Request, review and submit vendor and subcontractor submittals to clients.
• Log and track submittals through the approval process.
• Obtain pricing for materials and equipment.
• Create purchase orders and schedule deliveries based on job requirements.
• Obtain pricing for subcontractors. Review pricing, scope and draft subcontracts.
• Create site specific safety manuals and obtain Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
• Create job hazard analysis reports (JHA's).
• Price, submit and track change requests.
• Navigate project management software, Dexter & Chaney's "Spectrum", and manage project documents including daily log items, change requests, purchase orders, subcontracts.
• Assist with analyzing project performance.
• Assist with determining projected costs of jobs for Finance Department.
• Approve vendor invoices verifying accuracy of order and job cost coding.
• Draft schedule of values and monthly requisition for billing purposes.
• Assist with creating and developing construction strategies and schedules.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook a must. Microsoft Project a plus.
Walsh Mechanical Contractors is a family owned, full-service mechanical contractor headquartered 15 miles south of Boston in Abington, MA. We perform work in eastern New England, most visibly in and around the Boston area. Established in 1918, our industry knowledge and our range of client services have established us as one of the area's most respected specialty contractors. Our ability to innovate while creating successful solutions stems from our superb planning, our industry leading improvement initiatives and our utilization of state-of-the-art equipment and systems used throughout our operations.
Thu, 27 Jul 2017 06:59:11 PDT