Role: The Commissioning Engineer will manage all aspects of commissioning projects, primarily new construction or tenant fit-outs. The candidate will be expected to diagnose, analyze and troubleshoot complex HVAC systems. The Commissioning Engineer will also be expected to interface with clients, project stakeholders, and contractors to deliver projects on time and on budget. The Commissioning Engineer will be expected to participate in industry conferences, obtain relevant industry certifications and to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Perform construction observations, review contract documents, develop functional test plans and execute tests for a wide variety of mechanical, and controls systems.
• Execute and interpret performance testing, Install and use testing equipment and analyze data collected
- Contribute to engineering teams in the delivery of mechanical/electrical systems commissioning, energy and consulting on complex projects for local and national clients.
• Assist in building and improving advanced spreadsheet models and calculators
- Assist in the development of the commissioning and retro-commissioning check sheets and test protocols
• Complete written commissioning reports and clearly communicating results to clients and stakeholders
• Perform research into new technologies and remaining up to date on industry trends
• Drive internal efficiency improvement through tool, technology, and process development
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or relevant technical experience
• Minimum of 2 years of commissioning experience. Experience with large properties with complex HVAC systems, preferably commercial office
• Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis
• Detail oriented approach without losing sight of bigger picture practice/client goals
• Desire to continue learning and increase technical & industry knowledge
• Professional Engineering (PE) license, Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP), Existing Building Commissioning Professional (EBCP), Certified Building Commissioning Professional (CBCP), and/or LEED credentials.
• Experience with commissioning on both new construction and existing buildings
• Ability to translate complex technical information to non-technical client stakeholders
Familiarity with LEED, building codes and construction industry standards
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Opportunity to work as part of an exciting and dynamic team
- Minimal travel - outside of New York City area up to 10 times a year
- Commensurate with experience
CodeGreen Solutions, Inc. was founded in 2006 in Manhattan and has provided sustainable building solutions to a total of over 250 million square feet nationwide. CodeGreen is an employee owned and privately held company. CodeGreen establishes long-term relationships with building owners, managers, operators, and occupants to develop innovative and creative solutions to achieve sustainability goals, reduce energy costs and overall environmental footprint. CodeGreen assists building owners to maximize project profitability through the sourcing of available federal and state financial incentives for sustainable and energy efficient initiatives.
New York, NY
Fri, 28 Jul 2017 12:53:34 PDT