Cardiovascular Surgeon - Associate or Professor level
Open July 28th, 2017 through July 27th, 2018
The Department of Surgery at the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine is recruiting a Cardiac Surgeon in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery. This position will be in the (Senate) Professor of Clinical-X Series or the (Non-Senate) Health Sciences Clinical Professor Series at the Associate or Full Professor Level.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide patient care; participation in research programs, excel in teaching clinical programs to fellows, residents, and medical students; demonstrate professional competence and activity; and perform University and public service.
Requirements - An M.D. or M.D./Ph.D., board certification or board eligibility in cardiothoracic surgery with advanced training in minimally invasive and endovascular cardiac surgery, and a California Medical License are required. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with training, qualifications, and experience. Strong interest and demonstrated abilities in delivering patient care in an academic clinical setting, teaching residents and medical students, and providing service to the university are required.
Application Instructions - To be considered for the position interested candidates should visit:
https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04216, complete an online application profile and upload application materials electronically.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Orange, CA
More information about this recruitment: https://www.surgery.uci.edu/
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Self-Statement of Teaching/Research/Clinical Activity - Describe participation in patient care, teaching clinical programs, clinical research, performing university and public service, demonstration of professional competency and activity
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Student/Teaching Evaluations - Evaluations on teaching sessions, lectures, and/or presentations
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
5-7 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now