Program Coordinator, Academic Scheduling and Data Information
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
Founded in 1884, the mission of the School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS) of The George Washington University is to serve the global community in terms of providing high quality undergraduate, graduate and professional educational opportunities and stimulating and promoting innovative fundamental and applied research activities. Located in the nation's capital, SEAS strives to promote a multi-cultural technological community and maintain and develop special integrated programs with industry and government.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, the Program Coordinator, Academic Scheduling and Data Information manages and facilitates SEAS course scheduling and provides relevant student, enrollment and financial data to various units in the School.
Main Responsibilities Include:
• Generates schedule for all SEAS undergraduate courses; includes checking for course conflicts and course capacities; manages requests for changes on all sections scheduled through SEAS. Designs and implements policies to minimize the number of changes; provides training and coordination to staff in all departments that are involved in course scheduling.
• Manages requests for special classrooms, including sending requests and updating unfulfilled requests for technology classrooms.
• Generates reports to analyze course schedules, to determine utilization, revenue, and projections for next academic year; generates reports and analysis on course enrollments, revenue trends, projections, and student enrollments, for department chairs and Deans to be used for planning purposes.
• Designs and maintain database to track all student scholarships, GTA awards, fellowships and endowment awards, in SEAS.
• Creates and maintain database of research related data; to include research expenditures, research assistant's support, and related information.
• Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 3 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
Ability to manage, manipulate, clean, and analyze data.
Working knowledge of advanced Excel techniques, including PivotTables and formula writing.
Demonstrated ability to use data analysis to inform decision-making, applying skills to communicate complex, technical information to a variety of non-technical audiences through written and verbal means.
Excellent quantitative thinking skills, including the ability to examine available data, apply decision rules and analytical methods, produce descriptive and inferential statistics, and prepare meaningful reports based on analyses that enable programmatic next steps and actions.
Strong attention to detail and accuracy of information, including the ability to organize large amounts of data and track multiple projects simultaneously, setting priorities for analysis, and use of data in consultation with numerous stakeholders.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) Family Academic Affairs Sub-Family Program Administration Stream Service and Support Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006529 Job Open Date: 07/28/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have a Bachelor's Degree?
(Open Ended Question)
- Are you familiar with data presentation software?
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter