Adjunct - Microsoft Office
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-078
Posting Start Date: 7/28/2017
Minimum Education: Associates
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Adjunct - Microsoft Office
- Lecturing class participants on Microsoft Office applications including Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook following outline, handouts, hands on experience, and using visual aids.
- Administering written and practical drills and exams
- Collaborating with curriculum developer and subject matter experts to determine teaching style and understanding of curriculum
- Participating in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to obtain information useful to training facility and integrating that information into training programs
- Evaluating and grading students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, and papers
- Maintaining student grades and attendance and reporting student progress to responsible staff weekly
- Evaluating students and reporting academic concerns when warranted by classroom performance
- Managing all classroom issues and communicating with training coordinator any non-manageable classroom issues
- Collecting, maintaining, and analyzing student documents and lab experiences
- Staying current with required industry certification and providing current copies of certifications as requested
- Associate's Degree in Information Technology or Information Systems (Bachelor's Degree preferred)
- Minimal 3 years' experience in training in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in using MS Office suite with advanced knowledge in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Personal transportation is required
- Comprehensive knowledge of the content materials both theory and principle
- Must have knowledge and experience in applying adult learning principles
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to identify, critically think, and problem solve during emergent and daily interactions with students, colleagues, and client's staff at off site locations
- Experience working in a community college setting preferred
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment preferred
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.