CLINICAL RESEARCH SPECIALIST
CLINICAL RESEARCH SPECIALIST
General Internal Medicine
Perform a variety of research, data, and clerical duties of a routine and technical nature to support the conduct of clinical research, under the direction of a Clinical Research Coordinator or similar CRU/Oversight Organization designee.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. required of personnel so classified. intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not documentation. eligibility requirements under the supervision of a CRC/CRNC. Document in record. Schedule participants for study visits as directed. Prepare necessary documents, equipment, supplies, etc. Conduct and document visits and protocol-specific testing/interviews according to study protocol, operational plans of clinical departments, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for minimal risk studies or for other studies under direction. Maintain subject level documentation for minimal risk studies, or for other studies under direction. Follow procedures and documentation of study payment. Employ strategies to maintain recruitment and retention rates, and to assist participants with individual needs. Assist with maintenance of study level Collect, prepare, process, ship, and maintain inventory ofresearch specimens. Provide input for adverse event reports. Collect, prepare or process adverse event information under supervision. Assist with preparation of study monitoring and audit visits.
- Ethical and participant safety considerations. Be familiar with the ethical conduct of research, and safeguards needed when conducting research with vulnerable populations. Understand that the safety of research participants is a priority.
- Data management and informatics. Use Electronic Data Capture (EDC) systems, technologies, and software necessary for study operations with little assistance. Enter data accurately. Score tests and measures according to protocol, and appropriate to role. Complete paper and electronic Case Report Forms (CRFs and eCRFs) accurately and according to protocol. Assist in investigating incomplete, inaccurate, or missing data/documents to ensure accuracy and completeness of data; follow SOPs for data quality assurance. Use required processes, policies, and systems to ensure data integrity, provenance, and security.
- Scientific concepts and research design. Conduct literature reviews under the direction of the CRC, CRNC, or PI.
- Leadership and professionalism. Recognize and employ the professional guidelines and code of ethics related to the conduct of clinical research. Maintain Duke and project specific training requirements.
- Study and site management. Prepare items for site initiation visits. Participate in sponsor required training.
- Communication and team science. Participate in study team meetings. Respond to routine questions related to study protocol and refer more complex questions to others as appropriate. Communicate and coordinate with other study personnel as required for study implementation and routine problem resolution. Write and speak clearly in a variety of settings and styles to convey messages and ideas effectively.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Can easily use computing software and web-based applications (e.g., Microsoft Office products and internet browsers).
802 CLINICAL RESEARCH SPECIALIST
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires an associates degree.
None above education listed above
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.