DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ability to work with an Aerospace Company. Learn about magnesium & aluminum castings. Understand foundry operations. Relationship management with our customers. Facilitation of Quality Clinics - -Root Cause Analysis.
- Perform non-conformance (NC) processing on a daily basis utilizing database systems to record and monitor disposition
- • Respond to customers in timely manner for complaints, containment and RMA requests or any product quality related inquires with the goal of 24 hour turnaround
- Support Corrective Preventative Action verification and effectiveness of action items
- Assist in preparation/delivery of department reports, charts, and graphs on defects and scrap. Perform analysis of charts and lead improvement / reduction efforts
- Assist with the education and instruction of plant personnel in recommended quality control testing, equipment maintenance, and overall efficiency improvements to meet quality control standards.
- Support the Plants comprehensive Quality Systems strategy that ensures manufacture of current products that meet quality, cost, safety, and delivery goal of no customer complaints and the attainment of all customer required quality certifications.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, diagrams and confer with management and engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Read blueprints and/or engineering specifications to obtain casting information such as specified material, surface finish, and dimension requirements; ability to compare surface finish of work piece to finish requirements
- Assists in interaction with customers regarding technical characteristics of casting design, specifications and methods of manufacture.
- Assist Quality in projects such as data control, documentation, updates of procedures, resolving quality issues utilizing continuous improvement techniques.
- Perform initial disposition of parts sent to Material Review Table - determining which are for scrap and which are for rework - determine rework routing
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelors degree in Aerospace engineering, manufacturing, quality discipline
• 2-4 years Quality and manufacturing experience
• Experience in casting manufacturing technology a plus
• ASQ Certification a plus
• Microsoft Office Suite and computer skills essential
Since 1953 Chicago Magnesium has been at the forefront of magnesium and aluminum sand casting.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package including:
HMO/PPO medical and dental
401K with a 1% employer match
9 paid holidays and 2 personal days
Begin accruing vacation immediately
Thank you for your interest in Chicago Magnesium Casting Company. We are an at-will and equal opportunity employer. We participate in the federal E-Verify program.
Blue Island, IL
Fri, 28 Jul 2017 07:30:15 PDT