Senior IT Business Analyst
Who we are:
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University's academic, research and service missions. See what OIT is all about by watching our This is OIT video.
What your key responsibilities will be:
OIT is looking for an experienced and committed Senior Business Analyst to provide strategic planning expertise and consulting services. You'll work with a broad array of constituencies including the Registrar, the Bursar, Admissions, Financial Aid, Continuing Education, and the School of Law, providing enrollment services for students and departments across the CU Boulder Campus. Working closely with departmental and campus leadership, IT governance groups and system-wide stakeholders, you'll determine what information management services are needed to meet IT business needs. You'll also work with University Information Systems to ensure that established campus architecture precepts and guidelines are closely followed in the development and implementation of any IT solution.
What we can offer:
The annual salary range for this position is market-based and competitive and will depend upon relevant background and experience. In addition, the University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement (with a 2-for-1 employer match), generous paid time off, tuition benefit and RTD ECO Bus Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be professional. Be collaborative. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution or a combination of education and experience as detailed here may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- 5 years' of IT Business Analyst experience such as:
- Development of high level strategy, business cases, process mapping, formal requirements specifications, and design of complex systems, with a demonstrated ability to translate them into solutions.
- At least 1 year of testing experience, including writing test plans and executing test cases.
What you will need:
- Successful experience working in highly complex policy and organizational environments.
- Strong analytical experience in developing, implementing, maintaining and upgrading complex application systems.
What we'd like you to have:
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP, CCBA).
- At least one year's experience as a business analyst working with higher education enrollment services business processes and principles.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by August 16, 2017
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200, extension 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials AS ONE DOCUMENT/PDF to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please name your document as follows: First-Last-Resume-CL-Position Number.
During upload, please indicate the type of document to ensure accurate submission.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10948 - OIT-Administration
Posting Date: Jul 28, 2017
Closing Date: Aug 16, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00001986