Nightshift Production Supervisor #6222AL
Career Transitions, LLC is working with a large diverse and sustainable manufacturer with locations throughout the U.S. as well as Canada and Mexico. Our client is experiencing growth and is in immediate need for a Nightshift Production Supervisor in a fast paced, manufacturing environment. This is a direct hire role that is immediately available due to expansion and growth. This role offers a generous salary including monthly bonus opportunity, excellent benefits, tremendous growth opportunities, and job stability. Relocation assistance will be offered to those candidates interested in this opportunity. If you have manufacturing supervision experience, enjoy a fast-paced, hands-on environment with a company committed to your success, where your leadership makes a difference, then this is the position for you!
Responsible for the supervision of operational activities in given manufacturing areas in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, and standards to achieve established production schedules and desired quality levels.
- Supervises the activities and personnel engaged in manufacturing of products within their assigned department and shift.
- Interprets, applies, and/or enforces all company policies, programs, rules, regulations, labor contracts, and safety rules.
- Achieve departmental, plant, and corporate goals for safety, quality and productivity.
- Promote clean, safe work areas thought the plant by continuously checking for hazardous conditions.
- Leading production employees in continuous improvement activities.
- Maintaining employee morale by portraying a positive image of the company.
- Develop, direct, and manage manufacturing personnel and train them to properly utilize all equipment and tools.
- Direct manufacturing personnel to maintain product quality and meet customers' requirements.
- Consistently administers company policies and practices regarding attendance, performance, etc.
- Communicates with employees on a regular basis.
- Expected to participate in activities such as training and safety programs in order to enhance the overall effectiveness of the work area(s) involved.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Maintains the technical and managerial skills required to effectively administer the production process.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, delegation and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office systems.
- Must be adaptable to change and have the ability/desire to make a difference.
- Solid math skills and measurements are essential.
- Ability to read a drawing.
- Mechanical aptitude is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-6 years supervisory experience preferred in manufacturing.
- Experience in finishing/assembly of wood components a plus.
- Knowledge of the cabinet industry a plus.
B.A. or Associates degree in a technical or business related field preferred.
Fri, 28 Jul 2017 12:52:44 PDT