*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Sciences
Division Manager (Business Services Program Manager)
Position #736401 - Requisition 10498
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Sciences has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Division Manager (Business Services Program Manager) position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The Division Manager for the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Colorado, School of Medicine is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the administrative activities of the Division, and ensuring compliance with all internal and external policies and procedures that govern the Division's efforts. This position oversees the Division's fiscal affairs, human resources, and day-to-day operations in support of the Division's, Department's and School's mission and goals.
This role serves as the representative for the School of Medicine (SOM), the University of Colorado Denver (UCD), and the University of Colorado (CU) for relevant fiscal and administrative matters. Additionally, this position ensures consistency between the policies and procedures of the SOM, UCD, CU Medicine, University of Colorado Hospital, Children's Hospital Colorado, and CU.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Oversees fiscal activities of the Division in conjunction with the Department Administrator and centralized staff, including, but not limited to:
- Development and management of operating and capital budgets.
- Payroll administration.
- Purchasing and travel; supports Division Chief with travel arrangements and calendar management.
- Regularly reviews financial statements for Divisional accounts AEFs, professional development and ICR.
- Interfaces with relevant financial and human resource systems, as necessary, to manage the Division's operations and monitor its financial performance.
- Facilitates fiscal planning and financial analyses, as needed.
- Ensures overall fiscal compliance and accountability of the Division by working with the DFA.
- Provides sound stewardship of Division's financial resources.
- Works with Division Chief to design effective faculty productivity metrics.
Human Resource Management:
- In conjunction with DFA, oversees the Division's personnel matters including, but not limited to, the following:
- Position creation in the University and CU Medicine human resource systems.
- Maintenance of proper funding distribution.
- Facilitation of employee recruitments.
- Performance assessment and salary setting.
- Employee development and orientation.
- Progressive disciplinary processes
- Counsels personnel on matters of benefits, work issues, personal interrelations, grievances, and other matters within the workplace.
Faculty Affairs/International Scholars:
- Administers the appointment, promotion, tenure, and annual incentive processes for the Division's faculty, to include supporting dossier preparation
- Serves as a liaison on behalf of the Division's faculty, SOM Dean's Office, and Human Resources, as needed.
- Meets regularly with PRAs and other non-faculty track positions and provides administrative oversight and support.
- Processes J1, H1B and other visa applications for international scholars.
- Participates in ISSS trainings and keep Division apprised of changes in immigration policy.
- Oversees administrative support person responsible for procurement.
- Set up procurement and travel cards for new employees.
- Train new employees on Marketplace and Concur and provide ongoing support.
Facilities and Operations Management:
- Works with Division Chief to oversee any Divisional facilities both on and off campus and ensure efficiency of operations.
- Coordinates the Division's response to space and inventory surveys as required by the University.
- Administers the internal allocation of Divisional space to ensure optimal use.
- Oversees Divisional building security and safety procedures.
- Oversees the Division's asset management system.
Planning, Development and Analysis:
- Participates in planning activities for the Division, including long-range and short-range business and strategic planning.
- Provides the Division Chief with data and financial analysis as needed for operational, management, business development and strategic decisions.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $53,334 to $80,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting , education, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Three (3) years progressive experience serving in an office management and/or administrator role in an academic setting.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific experience.
- Four (4) or more years of progressive experience serving in an office management and/or administrator role in an academic setting.
- Experience supervising administrative and support staff personnel.
- Human resources experience, which includes payroll administration, VISA processing and recruitment.
- Finance and/or budget experience.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population of faculty, staff and students.
- Effective communication/presentation skills and a proven track record of forming collaborative and effective working relationships with physicians and administrative staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- An interest in Women's Health research and academics.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Cathy Kenworthy at Cathy.Kenworthy@ucdenver.edu.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20249 - SOM-Obstetrics & Gynecology
Posting Date: Jul 28, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Cathy Kenworthy
Posting Contact Email: Cathy.Kenworthy@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00736401