ASSISTANT DIRECTOR USER SERVICES-TECH STORE
JOB NO.: 91489-LI
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: DOIT/USER SVCS/DEPT OFF
Categories: Academic Advising, Student Services/Support, Computer Science, Dean, Director, Executive, Information Systems/Technology, Management/Supervisory, Training, Employee Development, Other
Employment Class: Limited
Position Vacancy ID: 91489-LI
Working Title: Assistant Director User Services-Tech Store
Official Title: ASST DIR, ACD CMP S/L(J44LL)
Hiring Department: A065000-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/USER SVCS/DEPT OFF
Anticipated Begin Date: SEPTEMBER 25, 2017
Minimum $90,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Bachelor's Degree
* Experience in retail operations, product management, or customer service oriented environments.
* Knowledge of budgeting, finances, analysis and forecasting.
* Knowledge in developing operational or project plans and strategies.
* Demonstrated track record of developing and implementing successful customer-centric services and/or engagement strategies.
* Experience building teams, coaching staff, and establishing goals.
* Demonstrated experience with interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills with the ability to work across the organization, lead cross-functional teams, and influence without direct authority.
* Experience in a leadership capacity overseeing the work of team members, determining workforce planning, and project staffing.
* Demonstrated experience training and coaching effective sales and customer service skillsets.
* Experience establishing and maintaining effective collaborative working relationships with stakeholders, customers, staff, and vendors.
* Experience managing and prioritizing projects that range in complexity.
* Experience using and leveraging inventory management tools, retail POS, and/or financial reporting tools.
The assistant director leads the operational, financial, and personnel activities of the Tech Store group whose service-oriented mission is to provide technology hardware and software sales and support to University of Wisconsin-Madison and University of Wisconsin-system stakeholders. The primary customers of the Tech Store are campus departments, students, faculty, and staff.
The assistant director leads a team of 18-20 full-time employees, 20-25 student employees, and has budgetary oversight of a $1.8mil annual budget. The group consists of operational areas which provide Technology Consultation & Sales, Walk-in Support, Repair Services, and Logistics & Inventory Management. The manager is responsible for developing and maintaining a high-performing team of dedicated professionals with the skills, drive, and capacity necessary to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
This position is also responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive strategies and service portfolios for 3 retail locations including new service development, overall customer service experience, product merchandising and store layout, and business objectives. This position works in close partnership with the Product Management Manager to provide a holistic approach to our service portfolio and customers.
The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) provides technology services to the University of Wisconsin -Madison and a more limited set of services to UW System and other units of state government. DoIT employs approximately 900 people and has an operating budget of over $110 million. This position is located in the User Services Department and reports to the Director of User Services
DoIT is unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Instructions to applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should specifically address how your experience meets the Required Qualifications listed in the Relevant Work Experience section.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 28 Jul 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 25 Aug 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time