Academic Program Coordinator
Academic Program Coordinator
300610 - Educational Programs-TCOM
The UNTHSC Office of Educational Programs is seeking a Academic Graduate Medical Education (GME) Program Coordinator for the GME Office located Fort Worth, Texas.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The Educational Programs Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Academic Program Coordinator to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Assures quality through compliance with departmental policies, hospital, and external regulatory agency guidelines.
* Primary liaison between the Residency Program Director, Chief Residents and GME Faculty with the Office of Graduate Medical Education and affiliated teaching sites concerning Residency Program matters.
* Maintains proficiency in accrediting body and specialty certification board requirements and monitors program compliance.
* Manages and coordinates all administrative duties relative to the resident recruitment and selection process. Manages computerized Electronic Resident Application System (ERAS).
* Ensures completion of application materials and maintains confidential applicant files.
* Schedules applicant interviews and coordinates interview days.
* Develops and maintains applicant databases; staffs residency selection and applicant ranking committees; prepares and submits resident Rank Order List.
* Assists in the design of and maintains residency program web site.
* Coordinates and administers in consultation with the Office of Graduate Medical Education the timely and accurate implementation of numerous personnel and regulatory procedures for incoming, continuing and graduating residents.
* Performs data management, tracking and reporting functions utilizing various Graduate Medical Education software programs.
* Establishes and coordinates with the Program Director and Chief Resident training site rotation schedules, clinic schedules, electives and other Resident assignments; maintains accurate records of resident schedules and provides documentation for program accreditation, Medicare reimbursement and other purposes.
* Provides information, support and problem solving for residents and program faculty on a wide range of residency personnel and program issues.
* Assists with the development of orientation and curriculum materials for residents.
* Assists with resident data collection for statistical documentation of resident experience. Responsible for program data collection and the preparation of all program accreditation documents and reports.
* Manages confidential resident performance evaluations as well as evaluations of faculty and the educational program.
* Prepares reports and correspondence related to highly confidential materials.
* Coordinates conferences, grand rounds, outside guest speakers and other formal didactic events.
* Works on routine and special projects including orientation activities, resident retreats, in-service examinations and graduation.
* Schedules elective courses for visiting medical students on all services in collaboration with other departments.
* Maintains residency alumni data base and alumni relations and processes verification of training forms for previous residents.
* Assists with scheduling resident presentations at departmental seminars.
* Provides administrative support for the residency program director and associate program director.
* Manages program budget accounting for residency related expenditures.
* Assists with the preparation and recording of meetings.
* Adheres to internal controls as established for department.
* Performs other job related duties as required or assigned.
The successful candidate will possess Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or university and two (2) years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree and/or master's in business administration, management or education.
* Experience in an educational or professional program environment, with an emphasis on day-to-day business operations.
*Experience in New Innovations and MedHub residency software.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. The residency coordinator works as a liaison between the residency director, chief medical residents, faculty and student communities, so an ability to efficiently relay information in a clear and concise manner is of the utmost importance.
* Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other departments and outside agencies.
* Creates and supports an environment that fosters teamwork, cooperation, respect and diversity.
* Responsive to the needs of others.
* Advanced skills with common office productivity software, including Microsoft Office software suite (minimally, Word, Excel and Power Point), Microsoft Outlook.
* In-depth, accurate and current understanding of graduate medical accreditation requirements and compliance processes. Ability to collect and report accurate data to accrediting bodies is essential.
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage projects to delivery.
* Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills. Makes informed decisions. Recognizes limits of knowledge and expertise, and seeks help appropriately.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources issues and policies.
* Demonstrated knowledge of institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
* Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of job duties (personnel files, evaluations, Interviews, etc.).
* Demonstrated mastery in program development, program administration and policy implementation.
* Skills in coordinating multiple, simultaneous, ongoing program demands.
* Adept at time management and self motivation.
* Exhibits personal excellence in leadership and management.
* Adheres to strict ethical principles.
* Organizational expertise, attention to detail, dependability and trustworthiness.
* Demonstrates a willingness to learn from others.
* Promotes positive change and innovation, constantly seeks ways to improve.
* Knowledgeable in budget accounting and reporting.
* Familiarity with graduate medical education accreditation is highly preferred.
* Experience with industry standard graduate medical education software management suites.
* Experience working with students, residents and faculty within a graduate medical education environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Commensurate with experience
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
If required, please list all certifications required for this position.
TAGME preferred upon eligibility.
Official Job Title
Academic Program Coordinator
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled