Systems Developer II
Systems Developer II
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Department: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Position Status: Administrative Exempt Positions
Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) is one of the nation's first engineering and technology universities to innovate and convey the latest science and engineering knowledge in ways that are most beneficial to society. WPI has a lot to offer such as extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty members at the top of their fields, state-of-the-art research facilities, and a diverse community teeming with activity. Information Technology collaborates with the WPI community to meet academic, research, campus life, and administrative needs for technology and access on a global scale. At WPI, we strive to provide very competitive and comprehensive benefits ranging from health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life and much more. If you are ambitious, you want to be challenged, you want to succeed, you are excited to make a difference in the world and help develop the next generation of leaders, and you know where you want to go, then WPI can help you get there!
We are seeking a new, talented Systems Developer II to work closely with the IT Web Developers and library staff to deploy and support a Samvera (Hydra) and Fedora Commons Digital Asset Management System, to preserve student projects and cultural and historical data and collections. You will provide technical expertise for integration of other custom or vendor software systems and data with the Digital Asset Management System, eProjects, Gordon Library, and working closely with ITS counterparts.
Join our Web Application Development & Academic Integration team with this unique and exciting opportunity to enable advanced research and help develop the next generation of engineers, scientists and scholars at WPI!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Integrate Samvera and Fedora Commons with other WPI systems including eProjects and WPI’s ERP systems.
• Participate on a cross organizational IT and library digital team.
• Provide technical support, performance and operational monitoring, application patching and upgrades for the WPI Samvera and Fedora Commons installation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience installing, configuring and supporting Samvera (Hydra) and Fedora Commons is preferred.
• Experience with SPARQL / RDF Query is a plus.
• Demonstrated web development experience using Ruby, Rails, HTML, SCSS, and CSS is preferred.
• Experience maintaining web servers and services such as Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, and Solr on the Linux platform.
• Knowledge of web site design best practices, including web standards and accessibility.
• Must collaborate effectively across technical and functional disciplines.
• Experience with the OAIS model is a plus.
• Experience with frameworks such as JQuery, Angular, or React is a plus.
• Must possess the ability to work independently, maintain work quality, reprioritize projects and meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and has a passion for web development.
Posting Date: 07/25/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability. We are looking for individuals who value creativity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/5045