Union Level: III
Department: Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
Campus: San Francisco
Posting Number: 201301091P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Position End Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Under the immediate supervision of the Accounting Manager, performs cashiering and data entry functions for the clinic management system.
- Receive and enter all forms of payment to include verification of credit cards; verify accounts and edit any patient contact changes (e.g. address, phone number, e-mail, etc.).
- Balance register with cash and credit card receipts daily; locate and correct errors before closing.
- Generate a printout of patient accounts upon request; assist with questions regarding billing.
- Review all forms for accuracy and completeness of clinical activity information (e.g., clinical and financial approval, student performing work, and verification of faculty signatures); return incorrect or incomplete forms to students with explanation of problem.
- Process patient payments over the phone.
- Process monthly EFT file for patients who wish to have payments deducted straight from their bank accounts.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager or designee.
- Basic accounting/billing procedures/cashiering practices
- Dental terminology and procedures
- Basic Excel
- Operate computer terminal
- Make arithmetic computations
- File accurately following established procedures
- Follow oral and written instructions
- Project a professional image, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and communicate in a collegial and professional manner with administrators, faculty, staff, students and public
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Minimum of one year office experience in a cashier capacity
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Position is full-time, seven and one half hours (7.5) per day, five (5) days per week
- Occasional evening hours may be required
- AxiUm software.
- Minimum of one year experience in a medical/dental setting
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work performed is primarily general office/administrative with frequent use of computer keyboard, mouse and phone
- Requires sitting majority of the working day; occasional standing, bending, reaching, grabbing and walking. Occasional lifting of up to 15 pounds should be anticipated
Hiring Range: $27.10 per hour
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/10415
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.