Information Technology Support Specialist (College of Veterinary Medicine)
General Description of Position: The College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) with Kansas State University is seeking applicants for an Information Technology Support Specialist. The personnel in this position will provide technical support for student tablets, provide computer support for faculty and staff, and help with overall maintenance concerning technology within the CVM. Diversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community. Job Description:
Support and problem-solving for student tablets, faculty and staff desktops, laptops and other peripheral equipment
• Test and identify appropriate tablets for incoming classes each year
• Configure/Image tablets for incoming students
• Provide technical support and problem solve for students concerning issues with tablets (approximately 432 students to support)
• Maintain updates on spare tablets
• Keep inventory of student tablets
• Provide technical support and problem solving for faculty and staff within the College
• Research problems not easily solved to meet teaching and research needs
• Troubleshoot problems with hardware and software as needed to resolve problems encountered by faculty and staff.
• Provide network troubleshooting and analysis in efforts to resolve problems encountered with hardware or software.
These duties require the individual to be able to analyze and resolve complicated and often unique problems independently with little direction but also must be able to tap into other resources within the CaTS team to resolve problems effectively and timely.
• Assist Video Producer with planning, organizing and directing videos for the CVM. This includes primarily shooting, editing and managing videos for classes, online continuing education and the YouTube channel.
• Provide hardware and software training to students at the beginning of each fall semester. Provide ongoing training as needed throughout the academic year.
• Order warranty parts and/or software as needed
• Initiate invoices for payment of parts and software sold to departments.
• Other duties as needed or requested by supervisor or administration.Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma (or work equivalent) and one year of relevant experience.
- Ability to work independently, interact professionally to accomplish complex interdependent technical objectives.
-Certified IT support
-wide knowledge of software applications
-knowledge of system administration for multiple platforms
-Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related field preferred
-An Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field and 3 years of experience in maintenance of hardware and software for multiple users may be substituted for a BS degree
-Eight years of appropriate experience in maintenance of hardware and software for multiple users may be substituted for a BS degree.Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit an application along with a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Screening of Applications Begins: Screening of applications begins immediately Salary Range / Pay Rate: $ 32,599 - $ 50,528 Annual Salary Equal Employment Opportunity: Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Background Screening Statement: In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.