Media Production Specialist (College of Veterinary Medicine) - Part time
General Description of Position: This part-time Media Production Specialist position is responsible for planning, organizing and directing videos for the Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine. This individual is responsible for primarily shooting, editing and managing videos for classes, online continuing education, and the YouTube channel. Diversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community. Job Description:
- Record video and audio. Set up lighting, microphones, teleprompter, and record screen captures.
- Manage online Continuing Education video and courses
- Import video footage, edit, place graphics and logos, select background music, export, burn to disk, upload to Web site or YouTube, and deliver to clients.
- Create aesthetic images that exhibit originality, imagination and expressiveness that meet client/project requirements
- Research and stay current with market trends in video production and digital media.
- Propose new ideas to promote the college and its clients through video and other digital media
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and/or Final Cut Pro, as well as other Adobe CC software. Familiarity with Screenflow, Camtasia or other screen recording software.
- Knowledge and experience with video cameras, lights, microphones and other video production tools.
- Knowledge and experience in web video principles, file formats, media file conversion, storyboarding and editing video for web dissemination, including live streaming. Familiarity with Tricasters is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of a team, as well as individually, to finish projects.