Veterinary Technician I/Veterinary Technician II
Veterinary Technician I/II (CARE)Job Description:
The chief purpose of the Veterinary Technician position is to provide nursing care for hospitalized pre- and post-operative patients.
- This position works with veterinarians, fellow technicians, assistants, and volunteers to provide patient care and administrative support in the Progressive Care Ward of the Emergency Critical Care department.
- This position works under direct supervision from a manager as well as supportive oversight from veterinarians and higher level technicians.
- The position provides basic patient care, administrative support, and student teaching as directed.
- The successful candidate will be a motivated, well-organized, and caring individual who is knowledgeable and skillful in the nursing care of stable and critically ill animal patients.
- This position requires a post-offer health assessment and criminal background check.
- This position’s primary schedule is Monday - Thursday, 10pm - 8am, and some holidays.
Starting salary is $11.00 to $15.00 per hour; commensurate with experience.Minimum Requirements:
Veterinary Technician I:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of veterinary experience or one year of veterinary experience and currently enrolled in a veterinary technician program or a graduate of a veterinary technician program.
Veterinary Technician II:
Credentialed veterinary technician and four years of veterinary experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited veterinary technology program and/or certified veterinary technician
- Knowledge of animal care and nursing, especially critical care
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and terminology
- Knowledge of the equipment and materials used and their availability and applications
- Ability to maintain an effective working environment while in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees of various levels and responsibilities
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with clinicians, coworkers, students, and clients
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude at work
- Ability to accept constructive criticism from senior staff and clinicians willingly
- Ability to lift a minimum of fifty pounds
- Ability to bend, kneel, pull, push, twist, and stand for extended periods
In order to be considered, you must upload the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.Health Assessment Required: Yes