BGM Administrative Services Manager
BGM Administrative Services Manager
Job Number: 75796
Stanford University, Department of Land, Buildings & Real Estate (LBRE) is committed to the preservation and enhancement of Stanford's campus and adjoining lands and constructs and maintains the facilities in which advancements across the academic spectrum are made possible. LBRE takes pride in the care and stewardship of the 8,100 acres that make Stanford the special place that it is.
Building, Grounds and Maintenance (BGM), a department within LBRE, seeks an experienced administrative manager to lead the Administrative Services function by overseeing the day to day administrative processes of the department; continuously evaluating and improving its administrative efficiency; providing training and leadership to administrative staff; and leading projects and programs that advance the organizational effectiveness. The ideal candidate will have education and experience in business administration, including knowledge of modern business and administrative technology and project management. The manager must be a highly self-motivated and effective individual with the ability to manage multiple programs in a complex and dynamic work environment at Stanford.
Core Job Duties:
- Develop continuous improvements to BGM departmental administrative processes
- Review BGM departmental administrative processes and identify opportunities for improvements in efficiency, quality, and customer service. Maintain proficiency in Stanford administrative policies and guidelines, and industry best practices and technologies to inform opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Evaluate business processes and operational and/or financial effectiveness. Analyze and resolve complex issues and provide alternative solutions as necessary. Lead administrative process improvement for BGM.
- Create administrative staff resource redundancy and cross training.
- Review and ensure compliance with campus administrative policies including P-card, T-card, Expense Reimbursement and Procurement policies and ensure all transactions submitted for reimbursement are in accordance with the respective policies. Ensure all transactions routed for approval are in accordance with policy.
- Manage and develop BGM administrative support team
- Manage administrative staff in the day-to-day operations for functional area(s) of responsibility. Responsible for hiring and retaining staff, career coaching, personal development for direct reports and accountable for the performance of employees. Ensure work completion within schedule and constraints.
- Conduct skills assessments and identify opportunities for additional education and training of administrative staff, to best serve the BGM mission, leadership team and staff in their work.
- Ensure a balanced distribution of workload amongst administrative staff and develop contingency plans for redistribution of overall workload.
- Building/Office Management
- Coordinate fire inspections with SUFMO
- Provide access to buildings
- Schedule shutdowns for cleaning, maintenance, etc.
- Initiate building maintenance work requests
- Maintain and manage Copiers
- Coordinate and oversee office supplies ordering for BGM
- Project Management Support
- Oversee and manage administrative projects
- Provide administrative project support to other directors and managers
- Update project tracking spreadsheets (i.e. lighting renewal, rental vehicles, fleet reduction plan, etc.)
- Demonstrated success as an inspirational manager who has motivated staff to achieve and sustain excellence.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills to effectively solve and respond to complicated requests.
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices, especially as related to development of computerized business processes.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of spreadsheets, database programs, and word processing programs.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills, with the ability to support multiple projects of various types at difference stages with emphasis on accuracy and meeting milestones and deadlines.
- Excellent customer service experience and a proven ability to meet performance standards.
Location: Land, Buildings and Real Estate
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.