Job Number: 75791
ABOUT STANFORD UNIVERSITY AND RESIDENTIAL & DINING ENTERPRISES: Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world. Residential & Dining Enterprises (R&DE), the largest auxiliary organization at Stanford University, supports the academic mission of the University by providing the highest quality services to students and other members of the university community in a sustainable and fiscally responsible manner. R&DE comprises 11000+ staff in the following divisions: Office of the Senior Associate Vice Provost (SAVP Office), Student Housing Operations, Stanford Dining, Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries, Stanford Conferences, and a team of four R&DE strategic business partners: Finance & Administration including Information Technology, Human Resources, Strategic Communications, and Maintenance Operations & Capital Planning. R&DE houses 13,000+ students and their dependents while serving over 6.5 million meals annually to students, conference, catering, retail, and concession guests.
JOB PURPOSE: Under general direction, develop, install, configure, optimize, and maintain integrity of the operating system environment.
- Serve as point person for implementing and maintaining Stanford SSO (SAML) authentication on new and existing servers.
- Create processes for documenting and managing the inventory of R&DE supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) and internet of things (IoT) devices.
- Service as primary point between DevOps and Support Services Staff to ensure operational interfaces are well supported and mutually agreed upon.
- Review specifications and project plans for new server and network component implementations to ensure ISO Minimum Security Standards are met. Recommend appropriate adjustments.
- Work with the Lead Security Analyst to ensure effective security practices are in place.
- Build, install, configure, analyze, tune, and troubleshoot operating system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Resolve difficult system problems and provide consultation or training.
- Configure and assist in the design of system and network security.
- Manage hardware, software, and utilities for installation, modification, troubleshooting, maintenance, and upgrades of operating systems and workstation environments.
- Monitor and analyze resource usage to recommend/develop enhancements to system capabilities and performance.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new technologies, and integrate systems into the computing environment.
- Document systems infrastructure for users, support and consulting personnel, and developers.
- Train personnel who provide support and consulting services to users.
- Act as liaison with various departments across campus.
- Facilitate vendor relationships.
Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: Residential & Dining Enterprises
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.