Research & Financial Administrator
Research & Financial Administrator
Job Number: 75784
Research Administrator 2, Classification G, 100% FTE, Exempt School of Engineering, Department of Engineering Research Administration (ERA) The School of Engineering is one of the top-rated engineering schools in the world and one of the largest academic units within Stanford University. The School's mission is to seek solutions to important global problems and to educate leaders who will turn great ideas into real changes. To help SoE push the frontiers of modern science and engineering and ultimately make the world a better place, SoE relies heavily on research funding.
On behalf of eight SoE academic departments, ERA administers approximately 1,500 annual awards and $125 million in annual sponsored research. ERA is a high-volume and productive administrative unit, and the ERA staff collectively manage the pre- and post-award activities for a large and diverse portfolio of sponsoring agencies (over 150 different agencies). The Research Administrator 2 will provide a full range of administrative, financial and other tasks associated with pre- and post-award sponsored research activities and services, including proposal preparation and post-award management of funds and budgets. The RFA will manage the proposal preparation and post-award activities on routine sponsored projects such as federal grants, foundation grants, and industrial contracts. Engineering Research Administration website: https://engineering.stanford.edu/portals/faculty-staff/era Specific Responsibilities*
The Research Administrator 2 will have responsibility for administrative, fiscal, and customer services activities during all stages of the award (both pre-and post-award).
- Initiate, complete, and submit contract and grant proposals on behalf of PIs to the university's Office of Sponsored Research (OSR)
- Ensure that each award in the RFA's portfolio adheres to regulations set forth by the sponsor and the university
- Monitor and report on the fiscal status of each award to both PIs and sponsors
- Provide financial reports that are reflective of a PIs sponsored activities
- Proficiency in pre- and post-award research administrational knowledge of governmental regulations (e.g., FAR, A-21, A-110, A-133, CAS)
- Familiar with administering awards (pre and post) for a large number of diverse external funding sources
- Experience working successfully with PIs and their administrative staff
- Mission-driven and able to understand the importance of research to PIs, departments, and the School
- Ability to independently interpret research and fiscal policies
- Strong math and accounting skills
- Knowledge of fund accounting and accounting principles
- Excellent analytical skills, including proficiency in producing spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)
- Oriented toward consistently providing excellent customer service
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize workload and work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Stanford administrative and financial systems
- Strong interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility
- Available to work before / after normal business hours, when such hours are necessary to ensure the successful submission of an important proposal or the completion of other time sensitive work
- Demonstrated commitment to regularly update and maintain technology skills
We are unable to provide Sponsorship for this position.
Applicants are required to upload a cover letter and resume to be considered for this opening.
About Stanford University
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000 that is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability to promote healthy and fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thank you for your interest!
Location: School of Engineering
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.