Assistant Professor of Elementary Education
Fort Valley State University is currently accepting applications for a 10-month, two-year temporary position for Assistant Professor of Elementary Education in the College of Education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Willingness to possibly serve in a leadership role for the Early Childhood (Elementary Education)
- Teach courses in a face-to-face, blended, and/or online format
- Advise students at undergraduate and graduate levels
- Serve on and chair research and other committees
- Perform service and administrative tasks necessary to ensure excellence in educator preparation at Fort Valley State University
- Observe candidates in lab schools
- Use Livetext as an instructional platform, preferrably
- Analyze data to inform instruction
- Assist with writing state-mandated reports
- Doctorate or Educational Specialist required in Early Childhood (Elementary Education)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience teaching content in Early Childhood (Elementary Education) programs.
- Experience in Pk-5 schools
- Early Childhood (Elementary Education) certification
- Documentation of coursework completion in Language Development and Literacy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated record of membership and participation in relevant professional organizations
- A record of service and involvement in the profession
- Ability to use technology for synchronous and asynchronous instruction
- Experience/familiarity with NAYCE accreditation process preferred
- Ability to maintain an active career balance across the areas of teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Regular office environment, climate controlled, and lab schools
Physical and Sensory requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.