Assistant Director of Marketing and Engagement
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the schools academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 32 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 17 Division I teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
The Assistant Director of Marketing and Engagement will be responsible for marketing and promoting efforts through strategic planning, programming and engagement for both Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation.
- Create and implement marketing and promotion strategies to support programming units within recreation and athletics to increase participation, engagement and revenue for the Division.
- Cross-promote and increase on-campus, community and athletic programs through diverse engagement to best represent the Division.
- Develop marketing plan for all internal operations specific to recreational programming to achieve targeted participation and revenue. Plan will contain expected outcomes, action items, person accountable and timelines for execution.
- Develop a communications plan of all internal operations specific to recreation to customers including digital, signage and print collateral.
- Coordinate all marketing campaigns to ensure prospective and current customers receive timely information on programming, events, and services.
- Work with web services director to monitor data to understand return on investments on campaigns associated with specific programs to establish best practices.
- Execute customer surveys and evaluate feed related to recreational programming.
- Develop and implement community outreach programs that broaden Denver Athletics and Recreations footprint in the community which may include but not limited to: Children's Expos, School Visits, Wounded Warrior Programs and HopeKids.
- Oversee Denver's Game Day Birthday parties in unison with ticketing staff, youth recreation programs on athletic event dates and Denver Sports Properties sponsorship fulfillments.
- Increase awareness of Highlands Ranch Golf Club by cross-promoting within athletic events, signage, commercials, and collateral pieces to drive memberships.
- Work closely with web services director on website content and video features to best showcase recreation opportunities and community participation.
- Manage social media outlets to cross-promote and create buy-in and interaction among community members.
- Manage students that assist with marketing | promoting fulfillment of overall plans at events.
- Assist with special events from planning to execution internally and externally for the Division.
- All other duties assigned by Director of Marketing and or Associate Athletic Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to speak, read and write clearly and concisely in English.
Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
Strong initiative to solve problems.
Ability to work well with interdepartmental teams and initiatives.
Ability to communicate well and build rapport quickly with student-athletes, coaches, administrators and other essential staff.
Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals within a diverse environment.
Excellent time and priority management, organizational and record-keeping skills.
Ability to perform basic data analysis.
Ability to effectively evaluate projects/programs and produce comprehensive reports.
Strong interpersonal skills with colleagues, fans, student-athletes, coaches and administrators.
Willing to work in a team atmosphere where expectations are set and managed while giving staff flexibility to do their assigned tasks as both a leader and/or a follower.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2 years of work experience in marketing, sales or other related field.
- Valid driver's license.
- Master's degree.
- Experience with a Division I collegiate athletics marketing team.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with frequent nights, weekends and holidays required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Thursday, August 10, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.