Assistant Director, Transfer Recruitment & External Ops
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Assistant Director of Admissions (Transfer Recruitment & External Operations) oversees all strategies and staff directly related to the recruitment and external operations for Transfer enrollment, including the research and implementation of best practices, analysis and enhancement of current practices in UG Admissions and direct supervision of the Transfer team towards the successful realization of university enrollment goals.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Master's Degree (preferred).
- 3-5 years admissions experience.
- Candidates with less than 3 years of admissions' experience will be considered if they have a total of 5-6 years of experience in a related field.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Directly oversee the Transfer recruitment and external operations strategies, efforts and functions within the Undergraduate Admissions Office as related to the following:
- Generation of inquiries and applications.
- Ability to meet enrollment goals.
- On-going evaluation, vision casting and goal setting for freshman staff.
- Ability to assist in forecasting new student enrollment trends related to accepted and enrolled yields, waiting lists, housing needs and course availability.
- Implementation and evaluation of recruitment strategies off campus
- Implementation of changes in the inquiry and applicant funnel.
- Attend on campus admissions events
- Work directly with the Transfer staff to include:
- On-going evaluation of processes and procedures.
- On-going implementation of new or revised departmental policies.
- Recruitment goal setting and evaluation.
- Implementation of inquiry and applicant processing changes that result from evaluation.
- Weekly one on one and group staff meetings.
- On-going supervision, review, accountability and evaluation of each staff member.
- Supervise Transfer Counseling Staff:
- Interview and selection process
- On-going supervision, evaluation and training
- Evaluation of various projects assigned
- Collaborates with office leadership in regularly-scheduled meetings to increase effectiveness of recruitment, roster management, hiring and training processes.
- Maintains regular contact with students on assigned roster to assist with completion of the application process to include:
- Phone and/or email communication to applied, accepted, and confirmed students and parents. Provides financial aid estimates and discussion regarding offer of financial assistance.
- Provides counseling for academic coursework and provides students with a class schedule at varying events.
- Brings closure to student files with one of the following results:
- Acceptance of financial aid offer, tuition deposit and first bill payment.
- Cancellation of file.
- Assists student applicants with financial aid, application procedures, and pre-registration/ registration procedures and with any on campus departmental scholarships for which the applicant may be eligible.
- Evaluates application files and makes preliminary recommendations regarding the admission decision for applicants in assigned geographic area.
- Interfaces as necessary with various offices on campus to facilitate information regarding student files and admission decisions.
- Participates in on-campus admissions events involving student recruitment and pre-registration.
- Represent University at designated conferences and events.
- Work evenings and weekends as well as work outside of Southern California
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.