Coordinator - Faculty Relations
Coordinator - Faculty Relations
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
The office of the Academic Administration is seeking to hire a full-time Coordinator to support the Academic Policy and the Faculty Relations, Manager. This position will assists as an informal contact for faculty who wish to resolve a conflict with faculty, staff, or administration; assists with impartial and informal faculty dispute mediation, striving for fairness and reasonable solutions within university policies and procedures; directs faculty to appropriate offices or personnel, committees, or policies that may be able to help; trains faculty members on UVU policies related to the workplace and conflict resolution; and assists with investigations of faculty members' alleged academic or workplace violations of policies.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in a directly related field of study or a combination of education and experience totaling four years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of conflict resolution theories and practices.
- Knowledge of mediation theories and practice.
- Knowledge of higher education policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of higher education administrative organization.
- Outstanding communication skills, verbal and oral, with a variety of individuals and groups.
- Adaptive to a variety of cultural contexts; cultural competence skills.
- Strong conflict resolution and interpersonal relations skills.
- Highly organized skills.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability in creative problem-solving.
- Ability to mediate with impartiality.
- Strong ability to manage and/or resolve the conflict among individuals and within groups.
- Ability to train others in conflict resolution.
- Ability to depersonalize events/issues.
- Ability to have extremely high level of confidentiality, per legal requirements.
MA/MS or MSW with one to three years related experience preferred.
Training in conflict resolution.
Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time with occasional walking, standing, reaching, etc.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $33,385-$41,731
Advertisement Number: ST16917
Open Date: 07/27/2017
Review Start Date: 08/06/2017
Close Date: 8/13/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the “Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date. Pass
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/2007
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. As an inclusive community, we actively seek diversity among our applicants for this position. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.