Program Director - Engaged Curriculum
Program Director - Engaged Curriculum
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
The office of the Engaged Learning is seeking to hire a full-time Program Director to oversees all aspects of the University's Title III Grant and University-wide engagement efforts. Responsible for the measurement and evaluation of the University's five pillars of engaged learning as administered by the Office of Engaged Learning (OEL). Conducts all compliance reporting for the grant to the Department of Education. Responsible for Title III timeline initiative coordination and development with all related University departments. Distributes and accounts for all Grant monies including funding allocations to faculty and oversees their respective indexes. Facilitates supports and oversees the independent consultants for Grant compliance. Directs faculty with regards to the objectives to develop proposals aimed at accomplishing Title III and OEL directives. Maintains timely schedules required for yearly projects. Researches information to support the planning, measurement, and evaluation of the Grant and the University's mission and goals. Helps develop research methodology designed to guide decision-makers to solve problems and address issues. Maintains information, reports, and communicates findings relevant to the process of solving specified problems. Performs and/or oversees a variety of reporting activities which require advanced or specialized knowledge and skills such as Grant compliance procedures and reporting specialized record keeping and database management, and/or specified information gathering projects and tasks.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master’s degree and two years of experience directly related to the Summary of Duties OR a bachelor’s degree plus four years of directly related experience and/or any combination of education and/or experience directly related to the Summary of Duties totaling eight years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of internal control procedures and accounting practices related to academic grants and university policy.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Department of Education compliance reporting and compliance guidelines.
- Knowledge of research/assessment design in social science, including questionnaire design, survey methodology, descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Knowledge of privacy and compliance regulations (including FERPA, HIPPA, etc).
- Skills in the use of computers and computer software applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, email, and databases.
- Skills in data presentations tools such as Tableau, and statistical packages such as SPSS, R, Mplus, etc.
- Interpersonal and problem-solving skills, decision-making and public relations skills.
- Skills in effective oral and written communication, public speaking, and rapport building.
- Skills in organization and maintenance of effective records management and information systems.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Ability to support a project from inception through the design, implementation, and extraction/collection of data and analysis to the creation of the final report and presentation.
- Ability to present as professional, competent, and cordial.
- Ability to collaborate within the department and with data stewards and custodians.
Strongly prefer Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or Education Administration, or Educational Measurement and Evaluation. Experience in research and evaluation, privacy laws, Department of Education guidelines, compliance and reporting.
Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time with occasional walking, standing, reaching, etc.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $48,117- $64,157 annually
Advertisement Number: ST17017
Open Date: 07/27/2017
Review Start Date: 08/09/2017
Close Date: 8/20/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the “Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date. Pass
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/2293
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. As an inclusive community, we actively seek diversity among our applicants for this position. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.