Transfer Counselor - Undergraduate Admissions
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Transfer Counselor serves as a representative of Azusa Pacific University for student recruitment of prospective undergraduate transfer students.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1-2 years customer service or public relations experience preferred.
- Good background in working with people.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Recruits students to APU through transfer college fairs, group presentations, personal interviews, campus tours, phone contacts and written correspondence.
- Develops strategic relationships within the community, specifically at the local feeder junior colleges, to further develop APU's ability to recruit and retain local transfer students.
- Regular visits at feeder schools to meet with interested students and Transfer Center personnel.
- Contribute to and attend transfer association meetings at regional junior colleges
- Builds relationships with local community college transfer counselors to update information, communicate process for students transferring to APU, and share opportunities available to students at APU.
- Advocates for transfer students inquiring and applying to APU.
- Coordinates recruitment schedule to transfer fairs and local transfer centers.
- Maintains regular contacts with every student on assigned roster to assist with completion of the application process to include:
- Phone calls to applied, accepted, and confirmed students and parents.
- Provides financial aid estimates and discussion regarding offer of financial assistance.
- Provides counseling for academic coursework and provides students with a class schedule at varying events.
- Brings closure to student files with one of the following results:
- Evaluates application files and makes preliminary recommendations regarding the admission decision for applicants in assigned geographic area.
- Interfaces as necessary with various offices on campus to facilitate information regarding student files, transfer issues and admission decisions.
- Participates in admissions events involving student recruitment and pre-registration.
- Assists in advising transfer students and answers advising questions posed by faculty advisors, students and staff during registration.
- Assists in the advising of students for all majors during pre-registration.
- Acceptance of financial aid offer, tuition deposit and first bill payment.
- Cancellation of file.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.