Foster Family Social Worker
Bilingual (Spanish) Required.
Masters Degree in Social Work (preferred) OR, Masters in Psychology, Counseling Education or related human service field required.
Minimum one year of full time paid experience in delivery of case services to children and their families. Must have CA driver license and acceptable driving record.
1. Conducts intake evaluations including assessments and placement of youth referred for foster care placement and adoptive placement.
2. Completes placement documentation for all foster children and adoptive children placed.
3. Writes treatment, progress, incident and termination reports.
4. Assesses and evaluates implementation of casework plans with foster parents.
5. Conducts individual counseling with foster children (weekly)
6. Maintains casework files on foster children.
7. Coordinates and monitors all home visits between youth and primary family.
8. Supervises foster parents; facilitates contacts with natural parents.
10. Makes decision regarding treatment and discipline of youth with foster parents.
11. Determines with foster parents the planning and scheduling of appropriate activities for foster children.
12. Contacts all foster families at least weekly or as needed.
13. Makes at least weekly visits to foster homes.
14. Together with foster parents inventories and records clothing and personal belongings at placement and quarterly.
15. Computer savvy; utilizes Microsoft products - Outlook, Excel, Word etc.
Ettie Lee Homes, Inc. is a non-profit, trauma informed agency that counsels children, youth and young adults and their families within the child welfare system and community to provide Resource Family Services, Short Term Residential Therapeutic Services, Community-Based Mental Health Services, Out Patient Drug/Alcohol Services, Transitional Living Service and Wraparound Services to support the prosperity of individuals, families and communities. Join our team and you can be a part of making a difference in the lives of children and families. If you are passionate about helping people in need, we have a tremendous opportunity waiting for you.
To learn more about Ettie Lee, visit the website at www.ettielee.org.
**** MUST FILL OUT AN ONLINE APPLICATION AT http://ettielee.org/current_open_positions.aspx *****
Thu, 27 Jul 2017 10:19:54 PDT