Computer Science Instructor
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide instruction to students in (CSC110) Computer Programming I: Java and (CSC130) Computer Programming II: Java during the Fall, 2017 semester (September 5, 2017 – December 19, 2017).
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Provide instruction in both traditional and non-traditional learning modes.
- Select and develop appropriate materials for class use.
- Assess student progress versus defined student outcomes.
- Maintain appropriate attendance and learner records.
- Master’s degree in information technology.
- Knowledge of computer science and information technology applications and practices.
- Work experience in the computer science industry.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience and commitment to working in a global multicultural academic setting.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Community college teaching experience.
COMPENSATION: Anticipated starting salary – Step I DCE Pay Scale; part-time, non-benefited, MCCC Unit position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Immediate need; applications to be reviewed upon receipt.